PDA

View Full Version : Gm roller Press Lincoln Coin.

Alurid
02-17-2019, 07:05 PM
I recently acquired this coin from a collection of collections that I was picking through. I thought it was interesting because it had Lincoln on it. I like Lincoln coins. So I acquired it. I finally did some research and after a few tries found some information that described this coin and told what it is. It is an experimental coin made by the General Motor Co. It was made on Roller Press that GM was commissioned to develop for the mint due to a shortage of cents in the mid 60’s. I just want to share this info with people that have an interest it.
139221 ,139222

Petespockets55
02-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Man did you ever come to the right place to post that one.
We love everything Lincoln!!

Very neat.

Edthelorax
02-17-2019, 08:03 PM
I just heard about them within the past few months. I can't wait for my local shows, they are small with some well seasoned dealers. I think I can find some neat stuff that I never knew existed. One of those is on my list. Nice catch!

Alurid
02-18-2019, 05:32 AM
There is a very informative write up in The Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents, by David W. Lange. His description say's Quite Rare. I was able to find One in the archive of Heritage Auctions and it sold for 5K+. This piece is unlisted in the Pollock pattern reference, but a similar piece is described under Pollock-4055 + 4060. #4 + #5 as there are 5 varieties of roller press coins, this one is #3.

Petespockets55
02-18-2019, 05:43 AM
There is a very informative write up in The Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents, by David W. Lange. His description say's Quite Rare. I was able to find One in the archive of Heritage Auctions and it sold for 5K+. This piece is unlisted in the Pollock pattern reference, but a similar piece is described under Pollock-4055 + 4060. #4 + #5 as there are 5 varieties of roller press coins, this one is #3.
Excellent info.

So the one you found is considered a pattern? Congratulations on that find.

jfines69
02-21-2019, 02:58 AM
That is cool... Can you give us links to info you were able to find on line???

scubalou
02-21-2019, 04:58 AM
Really interesting. Never heard of anything like that.