PDA

View Full Version : 2019p DDR? Thickness to LB on a Philly

Petespockets55
03-12-2019, 09:29 AM
This 2019p DDR came up on another site. A lot of people wondered about it. It looks legit to me so I ordered one (pricey at $12 but they have raised it to $17.99) and am waiting for it to arrive.

I had to do a double take on the title to make sure it wasn't a Denver. :LOL_Hair:

Hope it is ok to post sellers images with his watermark to identify his images. If not, mods please delete and I will post my own once it arrives.

Thanks for looking and hope this helps others.

VAB2013
03-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Very interesting Cliff! Can't wait to see your images when it arrives because those attachments are so tiny you can't tell. I think we are supposed to have permission from the seller to post their pics, let's ask Jim! I'm thinking a link to the seller's pics is better, maybe those images are larger so we can see.

enamel7
03-12-2019, 10:05 AM
I don't like those pics. I'm afraid you might be sending that back.

VAB2013
03-12-2019, 10:27 AM
We could use an emoji for - the doctor is in!

makecents
03-13-2019, 02:41 PM
This 2019p DDR came up on another site. A lot of people wondered about it. It looks legit to me so I ordered one (pricey at $12 but they have raised it to $17.99) and am waiting for it to arrive.

I had to do a double take on the title to make sure it wasn't a Denver. :LOL_Hair:

Hope it is ok to post sellers images with his watermark to identify his images. If not, mods please delete and I will post my own once it arrives.

Thanks for looking and hope this helps others.
Do you have it yet, do you have it yet?!?!:)

Petespockets55
03-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Do you have it yet, do you have it yet?!?!:)
Yep and there is thickness with even a little notching.

Taking images and will post tomorrow ..... um mm I mean later today!

GrumpyEd
03-14-2019, 02:35 AM
It might be ok.

But (LOL, I hate be a downer) after years of this stuff, I'm a firm believer that it's better to resist buying modern minor stuff. You might find one, even if you don't you'll find others. They're a byproduct of searching for bigger stuff. I'd rather have one medium variety than a tube of modern minors and if you or your heirs ever sell them, it's easier to sell one well known variety than a box of minors. For that matter, it's easier to sell one nice huge coin than a dozen medium ones. With that in mind, I would have saved the $12 towards something else.

Might be wrong, if it's fun, it's worth it but from a business sense it might not be good. :)

VAB2013
03-14-2019, 05:05 AM
Yep and there is thickness with even a little notching.

Taking images and will post tomorrow ..... um mm I mean later today!

Cool Cliff! Looking forward to seeing this first DDR for 2019! I wonder if the original finder is going to submit it for listing?

VAB2013
03-14-2019, 05:14 AM
It might be ok.

But (LOL, I hate be a downer) after years of this stuff, I'm a firm believer that it's better to resist buying modern minor stuff. You might find one, even if you don't you'll find others. They're a byproduct of searching for bigger stuff. I'd rather have one medium variety than a tube of modern minors and if you or your heirs ever sell them, it's easier to sell one well known variety than a box of minors. For that matter, it's easier to sell one nice huge coin than a dozen medium ones. With that in mind, I would have saved the $12 towards something else.

Might be wrong, if it's fun, it's worth it but from a business sense it might not be good. :)

That's our Edcyclopedia! You know Ed, I have to admit... I still get a little thrill from seeing minors in my rolls! I think they serve a few purposes... one thing is there are more minors than majors. Some of the minors are listable and I think they help to keep my eyes keen after seeing so many normal Lincolns! The first new things of a new year are always fun to see!

GrumpyEd
03-14-2019, 05:18 AM
That's our Edcyclopedia! You know Ed, I have to admit... I still get a little thrill from seeing minors in my rolls! I think they serve a few purposes... one thing is there are more minors than majors. Some of the minors are listable and I think they help to keep my eyes keen after seeing so many normal Lincolns! The first new things of a new year are always fun to see!

Hey Viv,

That's what I mean, they are a byproduct of searching but we still want that big one :) The little fish keep us going.

Petespockets55
03-14-2019, 06:05 AM
It might be ok.

But (LOL, I hate be a downer) after years of this stuff, I'm a firm believer that it's better to resist buying modern minor stuff. You might find one, even if you don't you'll find others. They're a byproduct of searching for bigger stuff. ..........

No downer at all. Honest perspective is always appreciated.
We all probably know people that don't collect who would say why pay more than a "penny" for a Lincoln cent.

It is just fun to collect. But even putting a non major in a slab isn't "business" smart (except to the slabbing company). Unfortunately passions don't necessarily consider business. :bigsmile:

Petespockets55
03-14-2019, 06:13 AM
Cool Cliff! Looking forward to seeing this first DDR for 2019! I wonder if the original finder is going to submit it for listing?

Seller may have submitted it but with Wexler so far behind it might not be on the site till Christmas time 2019!
Wexler has a lot going on and really hope he is OK. I thought of everyone here searching and wanted to give them hope for 2019 since it probably wont be on DD any time soon.

(DD still hasn't updated since I received the 2017p DDR and 1928p DDO in early Nov. 2018. And those were submitted in May.)

Petespockets55
03-14-2019, 07:36 AM
Finally got some images off my phone. hope they are good enough to see what appears in hand.
(Wish Google would stop messing with me!)

I would say mid die stage judging from the long die flow lines, both sides. Not much die deterioration that I noticed.

Rev. markers- Seems to be a die scratch NE-SW on the C of CENT as well as a possible die crack (dots?) on the T as well. (End right upper corner of the crossbar on T onto the field)
Couldn't find any obv. markers.

Thanks, Cliff

EDIT- Sellers images were ok from the standpont of the collage showing the reg. and the DDR thickness. Their "die scratch" marker below LB actually appears to be a die flow line in hand.

makecents
03-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Finally got some images off my phone. hope they are good enough to see what appears in hand.
(Wish Google would stop messing with me!)

I would say mid die stage judging from the long die flow lines, both sides. Not much die deterioration that I noticed.

Rev. markers- Seems to be a die scratch NE-SW on the C of CENT as well as a possible die crack (dots?) on the T as well. (End right upper corner of the crossbar on T onto the field)
Couldn't find any obv. markers.

Thanks, Cliff

EDIT- Sellers images were ok from the standpont of the collage showing the reg. and the DDR thickness. Their "die scratch" marker below LB actually appears to be a die flow line in hand.
Nice east to west thickness Cliff, looks to me like a winner!! Congrats on a chubby LB!!

Petespockets55
03-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Nice east to west thickness Cliff, looks to me like a winner!! Congrats on a chubby LB!!

Thanks Jon.
Not a super winner, but a winner just the same. And now we know there are some varieties for 2019.

makecents
03-14-2019, 05:49 PM
Thanks Jon.
Not a super winner, but a winner just the same. And now we know there are some varieties for 2019.Top notch in my opinion!!

VAB2013
03-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Oh Cliff... pics with a phone are really tough to take... darn it! My first thought was... it's pretty minor... But, I know you know what you are looking at better than we can see it. I think you did an excellent job picking this from the seller's pics and actually your last pic is what made up my mind. I think this 2019 DDR will show up in a Wexler listing!

Petespockets55
03-15-2019, 02:23 AM
Thanks Viv.

Just when I think I have a system for decent images and my phone has stopped messing with me, bam there it goes again.

(Actually my phone is probably consistent, but it can't possibly be operator error. :tinysmile_hmm_t:)

jfines69
03-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Hey Viv,

That's what I mean, they are a byproduct of searching but we still want that big one :) The little fish keep us going.
If we put all the little fish back because we are waiting for the big one we may just starve :LOL_Hair: At least the little ones make good snacks until the big one gets hooked then we can gorge :LOL_Hair:

jfines69
03-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you need a new fone :LOL_Hair: Better pics would really help... As for now I am not to sure??? In pic 4 the Ls horizontal bar appears to have a notch on the NE corner running NNW-SSE but in pic 8 it is WSW-ENE???

Petespockets55
03-18-2019, 06:28 PM
Not sure what's happening on 4 (light?). But #8 is closer to it in hand.

jfines69
03-22-2019, 03:19 AM
Not sure what's happening on 4 (light?). But #8 is closer to it in hand.
Probably the lite reflection... In pic 8 it looks like the B has notching also??? If that is the case then I am leaning toward a DDR!!!

joel
03-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Thanks for investing in this one and bringing it to our attention Cliff!! Well done!!