PDA

View Full Version : New Scope Pics?

Dearing
03-16-2019, 02:56 PM
Got a new scope today, how do the pics look, are there some things I need to work on? It seems to work a lot better than my last one, just gotta learn all about it :) and practice, practice, practice lol :)

makecents
03-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Very nice Derrel!! You have the equiptment, now comes the lighting and the background!:) All I can say, is mess with it an find what works, no matter how out of the norm you may think. Also pay attention to those in the know, of which I am not presently one of. Did I just end that sentence in "of"? Yeah, I did!:) And liked it!

VAB2013
03-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Very nice photos out of your new scope Derrel! Lighting needs will change with each coin so it's like a constant work in progress. It's very nice that your new scope will take full coins shots so well! How are the close up photos looking?

Dearing
03-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Thank ya'll... its takes good close ups once i figure out how to get the controls to get me there each time lol im still tinkering with it... I cant remove the plastic glass cause it has a glare reduction attached to it.

Rowdyricster
03-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Very nice!!! What scope did you get?

scubalou
03-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Awesome pics!! I just scored a used Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro for $60 on Amazon. Should have it next weekend.
Lou

Dearing
03-17-2019, 06:31 PM
Very nice!!! What scope did you get?

It's a Q-Scope 9mp

Dearing
03-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Awesome pics!! I just scored a used Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro for $60 on Amazon. Should have it next weekend.
Lou

That's awesome on yr amazon score, I do the same thing, I look til I find a good item yet cheap :) got this one off ebay.

scubalou
03-17-2019, 06:47 PM
9mp is really awesome. Once you get use to that you'll have some seriously quality pics.

Dearing
03-17-2019, 06:52 PM
9mp is really awesome. Once you get use to that you'll have some seriously quality pics.

Im hoping so :) I wasnt planning on a 9mp they are usually too expensive but this one presented its self a lot cheaper than the reg stores are selling it for.

Dearing
03-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Very nice photos out of your new scope Derrel! Lighting needs will change with each coin so it's like a constant work in progress. It's very nice that your new scope will take full coins shots so well! How are the close up photos looking?

It does pretty good on close ups Viv, here are some close up pics... I still need lots of practice with it and lighting to get it down pat :) I believe the reason the color is off on the really close ups is because I'm having to shine my light through the plastic around the bottom of the scope.

VAB2013
03-18-2019, 10:44 AM
It does pretty good on close ups Viv, here are some close up pics... I still need lots of practice with it and lighting to get it down pat :) I believe the reason the color is off on the really close ups is because I'm having to shine my light through the plastic around the bottom of the scope.

Nice close ups Derrel! Can you adjust the LED lights? Can you turn the LED lights off?

Dearing
03-18-2019, 04:04 PM
You can turn them off, use half or all of the light... I seem to get more of a true color when I use the lights and adjust the glare control...I'm learning lol

jfines69
03-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Nice job... I think you did excellent with the super shiney 2019W... Try setting the white balance to auto... That may help with the close ups... The detail in those close ups is really good... Would it be ok to download your close up pics... I may be able to adjust them and maybe help figure out the lighting??? I would post them back in here!!!

scubalou
03-21-2019, 02:02 PM
That 9mp is impressive. Nice job
Lou

Dearing
03-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Nice job... I think you did excellent with the super shiney 2019W... Try setting the white balance to auto... That may help with the close ups... The detail in those close ups is really good... Would it be ok to download your close up pics... I may be able to adjust them and maybe help figure out the lighting??? I would post them back in here!!!

Oh yeah, of course Jim :)

jfines69
03-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah, of course Jim :)
Thanks... Give me a bit to do adjustments!!!

jfines69
03-24-2019, 03:31 AM
Derrel let me down load his pics and adjust them... Thanks Derrel I appreciate it... On the full obv and close up pics I only adjusted the lighting source to 7418K (Kelvin - for lighting runs 2000K (red) - 10000K (blue))... This should have gotten the colors close to what the actual coin looks like... On the last 2 pics, close up of the top half of the rec, I adjusted the color only on the 1st one and only the light source on the 2nd one (noted on pics)... Notice the difference between the 2... I am thinking that the light source only adjustment is closer to the coins actual color??? Derrel will let us know that!!!

Added - If you wish to learn a little more about the Kelvin scale Edited - I deleted the first link as it did not reference color temperature for photography - Here is a link to BH Photo/Video that explains much better https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions/understanding-white-balance-and-color-temperature-digital-images Sorry for any confusion that may have caused!!!

Dearing
03-24-2019, 08:16 AM
Derrel let me down load his pics and adjust them... Thanks Derrel I appreciate it... On the full obv and close up pics I only adjusted the lighting source to 7418K (Kelvin - for lighting runs 2000K (red) - 10000K (blue))... This should have gotten the colors close to what the actual coin looks like... On the last 2 pics, close up of the top half of the rec, I adjusted the color only on the 1st one and only the light source on the 2nd one (noted on pics)... Notice the difference between the 2... I am thinking that the light source only adjustment is closer to the coins actual color??? Derrel will let us know that!!!

Added - If you wish to learn a little more about the Kelvin scale - https://www.livescience.com/39994-kelvin.html

Those look great Jim the close ups are the color they should be :) the other two Im sure are too I just dont have the coins anymore lol just picked some random coins.

jfines69
03-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Those look great Jim the close ups are the color they should be :) the other two Im sure are too I just dont have the coins anymore lol just picked some random coins.
No problem... Just tried to show what different settings can do when editing our pics... I changed the reference link for the Kelvin info... The new link explains the colors and light much better... Sorry for any confusion!!!

mindtab
04-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Very interesting.