PDA

View Full Version : 2019P Minor DDO Date

VAB2013
04-18-2019, 12:01 PM
This 2019 was sandwiched in with a bunch of mixed dates in a Loomis roll and first thing I noticed was Jon's favorite football zero! Minor doubling at date and thicker left arm of the Y on this one... not much but it's the only 2019 I've seen since the last minor one I tried to get pics of the notching at RTY.

Please forgive me for not taking full obv/rev shots, I rarely get a day off to search Lincolns and today I want to keep searching instead of fighting with lighting. Anyway, this coin has circulation damage and some kind of glue with different color strings stuck in it on the reverse (yuck!) Will let it soak all day in acetone! Maybe someone else will find a better example!

makecents
04-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Sweet find Viv, send it in!!! ​FOOTBALL!!

VAB2013
04-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Sweet find Viv, send it in!!! ​FOOTBALL!!

Thank you Jon but I think it's too minor. Let's see if someone can find a better example of it... this one has a lot of PSD and the reverse is beyond acetone soaking, the strings are not coming off (clear gorilla glue like stuff)

joel
04-20-2019, 03:48 AM
This one is too young to have all that circulation damage!! You deserve better on your day off Vivien!! Good job on the discovery!!

VAB2013
04-20-2019, 07:51 AM
This one is too young to have all that circulation damage!! You deserve better on your day off Vivien!! Good job on the discovery!!

Thank you Larry J! Here's what gets me... I have only seen a handful of 2019's and two of them are minors. This one has a little more going on with the date than the other one did. We know the 9 looks big anyway... I am anxious to see what happens to that nine on a date with some major doubling - I think it's gonna look awesome!

jfines69
04-22-2019, 02:23 PM
Sure looks like a DDO to me also... A nice NE bulge on the 20... looks like a notch on the NW corner of the 1 plus it looks thicker and the 9 looks to be a little thicker than normal???

VAB2013
04-22-2019, 09:49 PM
Sure looks like a DDO to me also... A nice NE bulge on the 20... looks like a notch on the NW corner of the 1 plus it looks thicker and the 9 looks to be a little thicker than normal???

Thank you Jim for taking a look and confirming. Yes Sir, it's minor but the 1 and 9 does look thicker to me also... the 9 looks really big and it doesn't have the striations that we often see on the last digit of the year that flattens it. Somebody will probably find a better example of it without the glue and strings :)

Petespockets55
04-23-2019, 06:00 AM
Congrats Viv.
Just in time for the spring fashion season. It is definitely looking fashionably DDO-ish on the date and TRUST. Love it.
(Even though this die is making the butt of the S look big!!)

VAB2013
04-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Thank you Cliff! Yeah the strings are white and blue LOL! There's a little going on with the ST of Trust... but not as cool as your Shield discovery!

jfines69
04-25-2019, 03:59 AM
I just noticed the inside of the 9s loop appears to be in the shape of half a football, which would be 6 inches :LOL_Hair: and in the same direction as the 0???

VAB2013
04-25-2019, 04:50 AM
I just noticed the inside of the 9s loop appears to be in the shape of half a football, which would be 6 inches :LOL_Hair: and in the same direction as the 0???

Yeah I noticed that too Jim but I didn't want to beef this little minor up too much... the top of the 1 looks slanted and I think there's a notch in the lower curve of the 9 and maybe at the bottom of the 9, if that's the case it might be listable but a better example would be needed. This one is all glued up :)

jfines69
04-28-2019, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the follow up Vivien... I am not sure on the notching but it is possible... Having one of the pros take a look at it may yield better findings???

VAB2013
04-28-2019, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the follow up Vivien... I am not sure on the notching but it is possible... Having one of the pros take a look at it may yield better findings???

Thank you Jim! I think it's just too minor and has too many PSD issues to send to the pros. But... if I find another one without issues, or someone else does... it might be something to look at closer.