PDA

View Full Version : Broken 'T' Hub

RandyK6371
05-14-2019, 08:32 AM
The left side of the photo is from Coppercoin.com 1941 P 1DO-019 listed as a Broken 'T' Hub error. The right side of the photo is of a 1935 P that I have had since the late 60s. When I first saw it back then I thought it was an error coin. I later decide that it was most likely just damage. I've kept it in a fold over since then just as an oddity. Now I am just wondering! I guess it is just wishful thinking. :(

I have deleted the image due to a Copper Coins image being used... In the future please remember that unless you have express written permission to use an image that is not yours the LCF does not allow its use... This prevents any possible Copyrite issues!!!
Thanks,
Jim

VAB2013
05-14-2019, 08:55 AM
RandyK, sorry but we are not supposed to use Coppercoins' images without permission from Coppercoins and/or Bob Piazza. I realize you didn't know this, but without Bob's permission, please either check with Bob or adjust your photo to remove Coppercoins portion. Thank you!

You can post a link to what you are trying to show us... that is no problem.

mustbebob
05-14-2019, 11:31 AM
You can leave this image as is here. Any future requests to use photos will be on a case by case basis. Using a link to the site is probably the way to go.
The 'broken T' hub in 1941 was paired with other hubs during the making of the dies. Your coin is damage (Post strike).

VAB2013
05-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Thank you very much Bob!

RandyK6371
05-14-2019, 03:05 PM
You can leave this image as is here. Any future requests to use photos will be on a case by case basis. Using a link to the site is probably the way to go.
The 'broken T' hub in 1941 was paired with other hubs during the making of the dies. Your coin is damage (Post strike).
Thanks Bob. I'll not be using that web site as a reference again. Sorry!

enamel7
05-14-2019, 03:47 PM
Links are fine, just don't post the actual pics.

mustbebob
05-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Thanks Bob. I'll not be using that web site as a reference again. Sorry!

I don't understand this statement. There are copyright standards that must be followed...no matter what site you use. Is there a reason to say why you will not use that site for reference again? Are you serious or is this just a childish response. This is something that could get you in trouble and the people here were very kind in letting you know. I also gave you permission to leave the image up this time.
People here will tell you that if you ask, I usually grant permission. However, there are certain things that must be done or posted to make it all legal in order to use someone else's images. As others have said, it is just as easy to use a link.

RandyK6371
05-14-2019, 05:21 PM
I don't understand this statement. There are copyright standards that must be followed...no matter what site you use. Is there a reason to say why you will not use that site for reference again? Are you serious or is this just a childish response. This is something that could get you in trouble and the people here were very kind in letting you know. I also gave you permission to leave the image up this time.
People here will tell you that if you ask, I usually grant permission. However, there are certain things that must be done or posted to make it all legal in order to use someone else's images. As others have said, it is just as easy to use a link.

I was not here to cause problems for anyone. I'm 74 years old and don't think anything I posted was 'childish' at all. I gave credit for the photo I used in the very same way I would have credited other peoples work when I was in college over 50 years ago. I was not intending commercial gain and gave credit as required to as to not take credit for the photo myself. The Lincoln Cent Forum is a great place to gain knowledge about collecting Lincoln Pennies and I appreciate what I have learned. On the other hand if I'm too childish in my actions I guess I should request that any posts I have made be deleted and membership removed. I have a life beyond this forum. SORRY AGAIN!

VAB2013
05-14-2019, 06:06 PM
I think this is a misunderstanding. It is difficult to know the heart of a persons words through typing. The statement "I'll not be using that web site as a reference again" could be taken two different ways.

Sorry I didn't know this, thank you for telling me so I now know not to do it again. or

This upsets me and because of that I will not ever go to that website again!

Bob is explaining that this copyright issue pertains not only to Coppercoins but any other website's information. Randy I hope you will reconsider your decision and decide to stay!

GrumpyEd
05-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Don't take it personally.
They spent decades making coppercoins and thousands of photos.
If they gave a blanket statement like "fine copy whatever you want" or say nothing at all then someone else can copy the whole thing and say "they said people can copy it".

jfines69
05-15-2019, 03:23 AM
I did not read this portion yet and already deleted it... I apologize for my overly quick reaction!!!

VAB2013
05-15-2019, 08:34 AM
I did not read this portion yet and already deleted it... I apologize for my overly quick reaction!!!

It's okay Jim... to err is human and we are all capable of it. You were just doing your job - thank you!