PDA

View Full Version : Results from James Wiles for 1984 double die ear/chin

Sheila ruley
05-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Here are The results from James Wiles. 142636

VAB2013
05-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Congrats Sheila! This is great news! I am a little confused about the die chip at the lower vest on your example. I am not seeing that die chip mentioned in attribution notes or photographed on any of the listings so I thought yours might be an early Stage B and Dr. Wiles might include it as such on his website. Maybe Bob or someone else who has this variety can help us figure this out. Sheila, if it's okay with you, I will attach a copy of your photo of this die chip to this thread so they can see it.

Sheila ruley
05-16-2019, 12:39 PM
Congrats Sheila! This is great news! I am a little confused about the die chip at the lower vest on your example. I am not seeing that die chip mentioned in attribution notes or photographed on any of the listings so I thought yours might be an early Stage B and Dr. Wiles might include it as such on his website. Maybe Bob or someone else who has this variety can help us figure this out. Sheila, if it's okay with you, I will attach a copy of your photo of this die chip to this post so they can see it.

That is fine with me. I was a little confused about that too. I’m not sure if that matters about the attribution. We will see though.

VAB2013
05-16-2019, 01:04 PM
That is fine with me. I was a little confused about that too. I’m not sure if that matters about the attribution. We will see though.

Thank you for permission Sheila... here it is

makecents
05-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Very cool Sheila and congrats again on a fantastic bank roll find!!:)

mustbebob
05-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Sorry...I'm afraid I do not have my example of this variety any more or I would have a look for that chip. Mine was an EDS example also. I had to sell it quite a few years ago. I will have to get another for my collection soon.

VAB2013
05-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Thank you Bob for the update... I clicked on "like" because I always like it when you post on threads, but... I don't like it that you don't have your example! I'm sure you've been looking for another one ever since - you will find it again!

VAB2013
05-16-2019, 06:15 PM
This one has the die chip https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1984-1c-ddo-fs-101-037-rb/38087

and so does this one and it looks the same size as Sheila's die chip https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1984-1c-ddo-fs-101-037-rd/38088

joel
05-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Congrats on the good news Sheila!! WTG!!

Sheila ruley
05-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the good news Sheila!! WTG!!

Thank you Joel!

jfines69
05-19-2019, 12:50 PM
Awesome... A Stage A from circulation and still in good shape... Here is a link to your thread (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?45269-1984-P-Doubled-Ear-Chin-FOUND-ONE!!!!&highlight=1984)... You going to get it slabbed???

Sheila ruley
05-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Awesome... A Stage A from circulation and still in good shape... Here is a link to your thread (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?45269-1984-P-Doubled-Ear-Chin-FOUND-ONE!!!!&highlight=1984)... You going to get it slabbed???

LOL! I really want to get it slabbed! I am trying to get my husband to let me. Because it cost so much money. You have to send in so many coins just to be able to do that. Or be a member of something.

jfines69
05-19-2019, 01:50 PM
LOL! I really want to get it slabbed! I am trying to get my husband to let me. Because it cost so much money. You have to send in so many coins just to be able to do that. Or be a member of something.
Well send it in and tell them your a Paid Member of the LCF and I told them to slab it for free :LOL_Hair: Just remind your husband who can't give birth :LOL_Hair: Not cheap at all to get them slabbed!!!

Sheila ruley
05-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Well send it in and tell them your a Paid Member of the LCF and I told them to slab it for free :LOL_Hair: Just remind your husband who can't give birth :LOL_Hair: Not cheap at all to get them slabbed!!!

Dude!! You’re killing me!!! LOL! You’re so right though! I have another one I want James Wiles to look at though. I am going to send it to him when my husband gives me the money. LOL!

jfines69
05-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Dude!! You’re killing me!!! LOL! You’re so right though! I have another one I want James Wiles to look at though. I am going to send it to him when my husband gives me the money. LOL!
As long as you think it's worth slabbing then get it slabbed and I don't mean put in concrete :LOL_Hair: You never know the coins you get slabbed today may be the only remaining ones when you are 80... In that case they are worth the slabbing fees :LOL_Hair: Tell your husband it's time to sh@% or get off the pot and fork over the dough :LOL_Hair: Just don't tell him I said that... I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with him staring me in the face :LOL_Hair:

Sheila ruley
05-21-2019, 02:39 PM
As long as you think it's worth slabbing then get it slabbed and I don't mean put in concrete :LOL_Hair: You never know the coins you get slabbed today may be the only remaining ones when you are 80... In that case they are worth the slabbing fees :LOL_Hair: Tell your husband it's time to sh@% or get off the pot and fork over the dough :LOL_Hair: Just don't tell him I said that... I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with him staring me in the face :LOL_Hair:

I think I will get it slabbed. I have a Couple others I may want to get done also. LOL! You are hilarious! I won’t say anything! Just kidding! He would get an absolute kick out of it!

jfines69
05-24-2019, 03:55 AM
I think I will get it slabbed. I have a Couple others I may want to get done also. LOL! You are hilarious! I won’t say anything! Just kidding! He would get an absolute kick out of it!
It turns out to be a little less the more you can send in at one time if memory serves me correctly... If I wake up in the middle of the night with your husband staring at me I know why :sign10: