PDA

View Full Version : Proper magnification for errors/varieties!!!

jfines69
05-26-2019, 02:31 PM
In the recent past there had been questions on what is the proper magnification to use for looking at our coins... Well this is from Variety Vista (http://varietyvista.com/Proper%20Magnification.htm)... It is only 1 paragraph and a quick read... Just remember that if it takes more than a 10x magnification to see then CONECA/VV will not list it... I believe the other sites use the same rules???

Lunstedt
05-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Late one night I got what I call "Loupe Lock", I kept my left eye shut while looking with my right eye. I reached a point where my left eye wouldn't open haha, it was time for bed. I now have optics on my computer and LIBERTY just covers my 14 inch screen. No more eye lock but to get a good view of detail I grab my loupe to confirm everything. Thanks for the information .........Lunstedt

jfines69
05-27-2019, 03:41 AM
Late one night I got what I call "Loupe Lock", I kept my left eye shut while looking with my right eye. I reached a point where my left eye wouldn't open haha, it was time for bed. I now have optics on my computer and LIBERTY just covers my 14 inch screen. No more eye lock but to get a good view of detail I grab my loupe to confirm everything. Thanks for the information .........Lunstedt
You are very welcome!!!

mustbebob
05-27-2019, 09:29 AM
That information is accurate. 10X is the ideal magnification we should use to identify listable varieties. HOWEVER...there are many varieties listed that don't quite fall into that rule. The listing web sites determine what they want to list and not list.