PDA

View Full Version : 2019 D distortion, possible DDO

dinkyblue
06-01-2019, 11:50 AM
I might be seeing things, but I noticed some distortion on this 2019 D so, thought I would post it, just incase. Please have a look at the date, the light and my eyes might be playing tricks on me but it looks like notches. Need a little feed back on this one thank you................ dinkyblue

makecents
06-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Very heavy flow lines here Dan. We'll see what the pros say but I think everything you are seeing is from deterioration. You have what looks like separation in the center of each digit too but would say that also is pointing at a worn die.

VAB2013
06-01-2019, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure Dan. When you rotate the coin in different directions to the light are you seeing the same thing or does it change? Do you have a loupe? If so, how is it looking under the loupe. These Shields under light are so confusing!

makecents
06-01-2019, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure Dan. When you rotate the coin in different directions to the light are you seeing the same thing or does it change? Do you have a loupe? If so, how is it looking under the loupe. These Shields under light are so confusing!Good point Viv. With the shiny coins, that should be the first thing to investigate.

dinkyblue
06-01-2019, 01:26 PM
After turning the lights way down low, it went away I'm sorry false alarm. It was just the lighting, the coin really has a shine to it and to much light was causing the distortion, could have been that drink I had also. Here is another pic. Thank you Jon, and Viv................Dan

jfines69
06-04-2019, 01:02 PM
That LDO (Light Doubling Obverse) (AM was here)will get you every time :LOL_Hair: The drink may have had a slight effect :LOL_Hair:

dinkyblue
06-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Thank you Jim, I wish I would have seen the 'LIGHT DOUBLING" before I posted it. One more drink, and I might have seen it..................Dan

jfines69
06-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Thank you Jim, I wish I would have seen the 'LIGHT DOUBLING" before I posted it. One more drink, and I might have seen it..................Dan
:sign10: 3 more and it would have been a tripled :LOL_Hair: You are always welcome!!!