PDA

View Full Version : 2015 P WDDO-010

makecents
06-30-2019, 10:33 AM
First decent shield DDO I've found in awhile. Looks to be a very late die state with the amount of chips on the shield and the large chip in the hair, not in the listing.

Wexler (http://doubleddie.com/1542214.html)

Thanks for looking.

Jon.

joel
06-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Very cool find Jon!! The TY is a real eye grabber!! Congrats!!

VAB2013
06-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Nice find Jon! What do you think about Wexler's WDDO-010? Just looking through the listings, that one looks pretty close to me. It's tough to match up a later die state when the markers have changed significantly, so I'm just going by the apparent doubling I see. Any chance you see the "small die gouge to the right of the forehead"?

Added: LOL.. you already picked WDDO-010 - sorry I just caught that :) I think you are correct on this one Jon. I could see similarities in the die cracks and chips on the Shield with yours and 010 but that is hard to describe and it would end up being a long paragraph!

makecents
06-30-2019, 12:30 PM
Very cool find Jon!! The TY is a real eye grabber!! Congrats!!Start at the date, as always and quickly moving around to LIBERTY and up to IN and ohhh, wait a second.... You get so used to just rolling around the coin, without seeing anything. It's always a nice feeling to have to back up!:) Thanks Larry!!

makecents
06-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Nice find Jon! What do you think about Wexler's WDDO-010? Just looking through the listings, that one looks pretty close to me. It's tough to match up a later die state when the markers have changed significantly, so I'm just going by the apparent doubling I see. Any chance you see the "small die gouge to the right of the forehead"?

Added: LOL.. you already picked WDDO-010 - sorry I just caught that :) I think you are correct on this one Jon. I could see similarities in the die cracks and chips on the Shield with yours and 010 but that is hard to describe and it would end up being a long paragraph!Thanks Viv!! The only other ones I even payed much attention to were 028 and 029 but they didn't look quite right to me.

VAB2013
06-30-2019, 12:38 PM
Thanks Viv!! The only other ones I even payed much attention to were 028 and 029 but they didn't look quite right to me.

Yes Sir, I agree with you. It's fun to find ones like these when you are going through a dry spell - it helps to keep your attribution skills sharp! When searching starts to get a little boring for me - I start regressing back to the "wow... look at that whopper of a die crack" and then I have to remind myself to "stay focused"!

joel
06-30-2019, 01:34 PM
Start at the date, as always and quickly moving around to LIBERTY and up to IN and ohhh, wait a second.... You get so used to just rolling around the coin, without seeing anything. It's always a nice feeling to have to back up!:) Thanks Larry!!
Yeah that's the ticket Jon!! Now you got it!!

makecents
06-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Yes Sir, I agree with you. It's fun to find ones like these when you are going through a dry spell - it helps to keep your attribution skills sharp! When searching starts to get a little boring for me - I start regressing back to the "wow... look at that whopper of a die crack" and then I have to remind myself to "stay focused"!Hah!! That's when you go to the aggravation and grab one you know is something. Gotta stay away from the cracks, Will is always on the prowl!:)

makecents
06-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Yeah that's the ticket Jon!! Now you got it!! I pay attention to the King of Rolls!!:)

VAB2013
06-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Hah!! That's when you go to the aggravation and grab one you know is something. Gotta stay away from the cracks, Will is always on the prowl!:)

:sign10: yeah, Will is very good at keeping us on track and keeping us from falling into the cracks :) Thank you Will!

jfines69
07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Nice find Jon... I think you are correct on the later die stage of 10... I believe your rev die is different... I shall return a little later... Got to get food ready for the birds!!!

makecents
07-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Nice find Jon... I think you are correct on the later die stage of 10... I believe your rev die is different... I shall return a little later... Got to get food ready for the birds!!!Thanks for looking Jim!! Not 100% about the reverse, you could be right. To me it looked correct though, just much further along. Gotta take care of the babies!!:)

jfines69
07-03-2019, 01:11 PM
Thanks for looking Jim!! Not 100% about the reverse, you could be right. To me it looked correct though, just much further along. Gotta take care of the babies!!:)
They are my babies... On the rev your crack/chips to the N of the PL are much smaller than on Wexlers 010 (http://doubleddie.com/1542214.html) and the chips N of the UR are much larger... Last but not least N of the IB yours has a crack that runs ENE to a chip closer to the tip of the shield and Wexlers has a small chip farther west of yours with no crack... That's why I think a different rev die making your obv a later stage!!!