PDA

View Full Version : 1948-S DDO/RPM

TPring
07-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Just found this one this morning after revisiting some that I had already gone through.

I would try explaining to the wife that this is the reason for storing/keeping all these coins, but she would probably just reply with, "Maybe you should be a little more observant the first time." :squigglemouth:

Anyway it is a double variety [which I am always happy to find] and in pretty good shape. Appears to be pre-LDS because OF [in USA] has no die scratches around it.

VV (http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20LC%20Doubled%20Dies%20Vol%201/1948SDDO001.htm) CC (http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1948&die_id=1948s1do001&die_state=mds)

Thanks for looking.

joel
07-13-2019, 11:39 AM
That's a special find T!! I would have to agree with your wife!! JK!!

makecents
07-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Nice find on that twofer T!! Yeah, you should definitely be paying more attention!:LOL_Hair:

jfines69
07-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Nice find... Just tell the wife you found the RPM first time and the DDO the second :LOL_Hair: That's why you don't get rid of them... Just don't tell your wife I said that... I wouldn't want a ton of abes falling thru my roof in the middle of the nite :LOL_Hair:

eaxtellcoin
07-13-2019, 04:56 PM
Love the RPM's with a double die. I like the other say always find the RPM then check to make sure it is the RPM# with the Double Die. Pics a little bright T may want to shoot a bit darker unless everyone else is seeing it OK. Looks bright - kinda washed out to me. Congrats.

My wife gave up on the coins. I have my Man Cave she has her purse room.!

jfines69
07-14-2019, 03:56 AM
Love the RPM's with a double die. I like the other say always find the RPM then check to make sure it is the RPM# with the Double Die. Pics a little bright T may want to shoot a bit darker unless everyone else is seeing it OK. Looks bright - kinda washed out to me. Congrats.

My wife gave up on the coins. I have my Man Cave she has her purse room.!
You are correct on the washed out look... I thought it was my computer... I had a bird walk across the keyboard and hit the bright/dim screen buttons :LOL_Hair: Those purses can cost a lot more than most coins :LOL_Hair: