PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling UNSEARCHED wheat cents?

Sheila ruley
08-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Please PM me and give me prices on 2 rolls. I would very much appreciate it. Thank you guys! And I am not sure if this was the proper place to post this. I couldn’t figure out where else to post this otherwise. Please correct me if I am wrong.

VAB2013
08-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Sheila, the ability to buy and sell on the forum is limited to Paid Users, so I just wanted to let you know that is one of the guidelines. The information regarding this is here (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/membership/).

Sheila ruley
08-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Sheila, the ability to buy and sell on the forum is limited to Paid Users, so I just wanted to let you know that is one of the guidelines. The information regarding this is here (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/membership/).

I am a paid user. I am just not Sure where to post. It does not seem to be very clear to me.

GrumpyEd
08-19-2019, 02:38 AM
Ebay is full of them but I always say if they are truly unsearched how do they know they're wheats unless they got em at the bank before 59.
For me the unsearched part doesn't matter, few people look for varieties. Most searchers would only pull key dates or oldies and most variety hunters only look for the well known stuff.

makecents
08-19-2019, 04:40 AM
Sheila, the ability to buy and sell on the forum is limited to Paid Users, so I just wanted to let you know that is one of the guidelines. The information regarding this is here (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/membership/).Viv, because of a glitch in the automated system, some folks who have paid are only showing as registered users, I was one of those until just recently being fixed. It may have to be done on a person by person basis, maybe PM Roger to look into it.
Post #13 (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?45869-New-beauty/page2)

Sheila ruley
08-19-2019, 04:41 AM
Ebay is full of them but I always say if they are truly unsearched how do they know they're wheats unless they got em at the bank before 59.
For me the unsearched part doesn't matter, few people look for varieties. Most searchers would only pull key dates or oldies and most variety hunters only look for the well known stuff.

I was just weary of eBay. I was just looking for something different to try before I went on there. But, if nobody has anything, I will try that. Thank you so much for the advice.

VAB2013
08-19-2019, 07:41 AM
I am a paid user. I am just not Sure where to post. It does not seem to be very clear to me.

Okay, sorry I didn't know and hopefully Roger and Peter can get the glitch fixed soon. The place to post if your want to buy or sell is the Trading Post.

VAB2013
08-19-2019, 07:49 AM
I was just weary of eBay. I was just looking for something different to try before I went on there. But, if nobody has anything, I will try that. Thank you so much for the advice.

I'm weary of eBay too Sheila, that's why I don't buy any rolls on there. The wheats I have are ones that I set aside from searching bricks because they needed acetone.

Sheila ruley
08-19-2019, 07:56 AM
I'm weary of eBay too Sheila, that's why I don't buy any rolls on there. The wheats I have are ones that I set aside from searching bricks because they needed acetone.

I have never used acetone. Would they be considered as cleaned if you sent them in?

VAB2013
08-19-2019, 09:54 AM
I have never used acetone. Would they be considered as cleaned if you sent them in?

No, they would not be considered cleaned but you need to be careful and not scrub the coin with anything abrasive, like a toothbrush, etc. Acetone is one of the steps of Bad Thad (the inventor of VerdiCare) "The First Steps to Proper Coin Conservation (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?24220-The-First-Steps-to-Proper-Coin-Conservation)". I just use a Qtip very lightly or a soft eyeshadow brush just on the devices that hold gunk like the mint mark and the motto, but sometimes all of the gunk just will not come off. Also, I do a quick dip of cents that I am going to put into flips, that way any fibers or finger oils should be rinsed off - let it dry good before you put it into the flip.

Sheila ruley
08-19-2019, 10:00 AM
No, they would not be considered cleaned but you need to be careful and not scrub the coin with anything abrasive, like a toothbrush, etc. Acetone is one of the steps of Bad Thad (the inventor of VerdiCare) "The First Steps to Proper Coin Conservation (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?24220-The-First-Steps-to-Proper-Coin-Conservation)". I just use a Qtip very lightly or a soft eyeshadow brush just on the devices that hold gunk like the mint mark and the motto, but sometimes all of the gunk just will not come off. Also, I do a quick dip of cents that I am going to put into flips, that way any fibers or finger oils should be rinsed off - let it dry good before you put it into the flip.

That is great to know. Thank you very much. I have never tried to do that.

VAB2013
08-19-2019, 10:08 AM
You're welcome Sheila. It will help loosen the gunk and sometimes you have to dump that acetone out (with particles floating around in it) and do it again. But, if the coin already has a damaged surface and has lost it's luster it's not going to make it look new again, and could make it look worse. Just in my experience :)

jallengomez
08-19-2019, 11:14 AM
I know people who sell them unsearched for varieties, but typically for larger quantities such as 5000 count bags.

kloccwork419
08-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Usually on eBay, someone selling "unsearched" are already searched.

Sheila ruley
08-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Usually on eBay, someone selling "unsearched" are already searched.

Yes, that’s why I don’t trust it. I have looked through the reviews. That is why I Will not buy them.

VAB2013
08-21-2019, 05:30 AM
Sheila, I've thought about this before lots of times because I would also love to get my hands on a bunch of wheat cents and do not want to spend an outrageous amount for "already gone through" wheats. I think I would "somewhat" trust a coin shop that has rolls or bags of wheats, even if the big stuff has already been pulled out, there still could be something they missed. I just don't have a coin shop nearby.

Sheila ruley
08-21-2019, 07:48 AM
Sheila, I've thought about this before lots of times because I would also love to get my hands on a bunch of wheat cents and do not want to spend an outrageous amount for "already gone through" wheats. I think I would "somewhat" trust a coin shop that has rolls or bags of wheats, even if the big stuff has already been pulled out, there still could be something they missed. I just don't have a coin shop nearby.

I have a coin shop literally less than a mile away from me, but the reviews for the tax people that they posted was not a good review for him paying taxes. So, I think he is shady. I don’t think I want to go there. There are other reputable coin shops around me but I think they are a bit of a distance from me.

VAB2013
08-21-2019, 08:10 AM
Yeah I don't blame you for staying away from shady! We're all kinda in the same boat when it comes to finding a good source for wheat cents!

jallengomez
08-21-2019, 08:19 AM
Sheila,

Is it varieties you are looking for? Chuck Daughtrey at coppercoins.com just picked up a massive hoard of cents, and he's selling the circulated wheats unsearched. These were from an old dealer stock, and he did NOT search his coins for varieties. This would be mostly 40s and 50s. He is selling them in lots of 10 rolls for $15 + shipping. If that's something you would be interested in, just let me know and I can get you in touch with him.

http://coppercoins.com/auction/190521/cnla361.jpg

Jody

jfines69
08-27-2019, 02:20 PM
I don't buy or sell so I'm no help but I did move your thread to the Trading Post forum!!!

Sheila ruley
08-27-2019, 02:47 PM
I don't buy or sell so I'm no help but I did move your thread to the Trading Post forum!!!

Thank you very much!