PDA

View Full Version : 2017 P New DDR

makecents
03-20-2020, 12:29 PM
Just after Cliff posted his 2017 P discovery DDR listing (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?47009-2017p-WDDR-001-Finally), I found this guy. The first I've ran across that looks substantial enough to send in.

Let me know your thoughts on this one.

Thanks.
Jon.

mustbebob
03-20-2020, 03:17 PM
Similar to other Shield Cent DDRs. I am sure if you sent it in to John Wexler, he would list it.

Petespockets55
03-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Nice one Jon.
I know it must be the lighting, but there looks like notching on the bottom inside of AME of AMERICA on your full reverse.

makecents
03-20-2020, 04:21 PM
Similar to other Shield Cent DDRs. I am sure if you sent it in to John Wexler, he would list it.Thanks Bob!! I know it's nothing crazy but liked the light notching.:)

makecents
03-20-2020, 04:32 PM
Nice one Jon.
I know it must be the lighting, but there looks like notching on the bottom inside of AME of AMERICA on your full reverse.Thanks Cliff, you inspired me to find it!:)

Good eye but just lighting.

jfines69
03-21-2020, 02:53 AM
Nice find Jon... So yours could be WDDR-002!!!

makecents
03-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Nice find Jon... So yours could be WDDR-002!!!Thanks, Jim!! Yeah, if I actually send it in.:) He probably has others not listed yet too though.

jfines69
03-22-2020, 03:23 AM
Thanks, Jim!! Yeah, if I actually send it in.:) He probably has others not listed yet too though.
I know that... I have all kinds of coins to send in and the stack gets bigger :LOL_Hair: Wexler is still far behind... Just hope he is doing good health wise!!!

joel
03-22-2020, 03:57 AM
Another cool 2017 find Jon!! Your DDR comparison photo is great!! Well done!!

makecents
03-22-2020, 08:31 AM
Another cool 2017 find Jon!! Your DDR comparison photo is great!! Well done!!Thanks, Larry!! I don't know how others are but when it's not real extreme, it helps me to see a normal example with it.

makecents
11-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Looks like the same one, the coin is just worn.

makecents
03-28-2021, 02:29 PM
Just found another, best example yet.

Rowdyricster
03-28-2021, 03:13 PM
Jon thats an awesome find. I would have missed it for sure...mainly because shields don't excite me very much. Congrats!

joel
03-28-2021, 04:55 PM
Those Shields don't stand a chance when they land in your hand!! Good one Jon!!

makecents
03-28-2021, 06:35 PM
Jon thats an awesome find. I would have missed it for sure...mainly because shields don't excite me very much. Congrats!Thanks, Rowdy! I understand how you feel about shields, I'm no different, I do not like them. I started searching Lincolns in 2017, so they were part of my natural search, I did not no any difference in looking for varieties. Because of this and searching primarily bank rolls, I still look at every coin. Many here, on the this forum, starting searching when it was only wheats or wheats and memorials and I know their like for shields is even less than mine. It takes me about three seconds to search both sides of a shield, so it's easier for me to just do it, considering I would lose half of my coins in roll searching, if I did not. That was really long winded.... Just so you know, I would not have taken the time to explain that for just anyone.:)

makecents
03-28-2021, 06:37 PM
Those Shields don't stand a chance when they land in your hand!! Good one Jon!!Thank you, Larry! I can always count on you for understanding, or putting up with my picking things apart.:)

Rowdyricster
03-28-2021, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Rowdy! I understand how you feel about shields, I'm no different, I do not like them. I started searching Lincolns in 2017, so they were part of my natural search, I did not no any difference in looking for varieties. Because of this and searching primarily bank rolls, I still look at every coin. Many here, on the this forum, starting searching when it was only wheats or wheats and memorials and I know their like for shields is even less than mine. It takes me about three seconds to search both sides of a shield, so it's easier for me to just do it, considering I would lose half of my coins in roll searching, if I did not. That was really long winded.... Just so you know, I would not have taken the time to explain that for just anyone.:)

You're too kind, Joh. Wow! I'm impressed that you notice stuff with such a cursory look. I think I'm too meticulous in my searching. In fact, I get sidetracked by things that are not really important (to most people)...like how die wear affects the strike of a coin, for example. I bought a couple books a year or so ago that have helped me to understand some of it so I don't have to post all those finds on here and bore everyone. If I remember correctly, at the end of 2019 I was focused for a short time on some of the die cracks on the shield. I found numerous coins with the very same cracks...it became almost an obsession, but that was all I was finding. Now, I don't even want to look at one...but I do. Very quickly. LOL Anyway, I really am impressed with your finds.

makecents
03-28-2021, 07:17 PM
You're too kind, Joh. Wow! I'm impressed that you notice stuff with such a cursory look. I think I'm too meticulous in my searching. In fact, I get sidetracked by things that are not really important (to most people)...like how die wear affects the strike of a coin, for example. I bought a couple books a year or so ago that have helped me to understand some of it so I don't have to post all those finds on here and bore everyone. If I remember correctly, at the end of 2019 I was focused for a short time on some of the die cracks on the shield. I found numerous coins with the very same cracks...it became almost an obsession, but that was all I was finding. Now, I don't even want to look at one...but I do. Very quickly. LOL Anyway, I really am impressed with your finds.

You might like what Jason did then. http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?48145-2019-Die-Break-stages

Rowdyricster
03-28-2021, 07:39 PM
You might like what Jason did then. http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?48145-2019-Die-Break-stages

Thank you very much for sharing that, Jon. I love it!!

Petespockets55
03-29-2021, 05:08 AM
Congrats on the second find Jon. (Another nice crisp image BTW)
It's nice to have some notching to confirm the doubling.

makecents
03-29-2021, 06:25 PM
Congrats on the second find Jon. (Another nice crisp image BTW)
It's nice to have some notching to confirm the doubling.Thanks, Cliff! I know most don't like these or even care but I can't help myself.:)