PDA

View Full Version : New 93P DDR?

makecents
05-24-2020, 08:20 PM
I've looked a alot of 93's and have never seen thickness like this one. The only listing that shows anything other than doubled columns, is Wexlers 009 and it's totally different. If you look at the initials, it would appear to be vertical thickness but can be seen throughout the reverse , even Lincoln looks chunky. Let me know if you need closeups of anything.

Thanks for any help.
Jon.

willbrooks
05-25-2020, 05:28 AM
I've looked a alot of 93's....
That was your first mistake. :sign10:

In the absence of separation lines, I personally would chalk something like this up to a worn hub, or possible annealing issue.

kloccwork419
05-25-2020, 05:51 AM
Close up I cant see anything that says doubled die. I see why you thought so with the full pic. Looks really thick. I think I have a few of these and other dates set aside for the same reason. Extra thickness all over that reverse from about the center to initials

makecents
05-25-2020, 06:09 AM
Thanks guys. I went back and read through the decriptions of all hub doubling and cannot make any of them work for what I'm seeing, so that being said, I'll probably hold onto it for now but label, worn hub.

Here are a couple more closeup pics but could just as easily be explained by a worn out hub.

mustbebob
05-25-2020, 09:15 AM
The folks got it right. Whether it is a worn hub or a worn die is another issue all together.

makecents
05-25-2020, 01:09 PM
The folks got it right. Whether it is a worn hub or a worn die is another issue all together.Thank you, Bob. I've gotten better but I still get got every now and then.:)