PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Help Needed

FenderBender
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
OK, when I first found this coin, I thought I found a 1989 RDV5, but now not so sure....However, the funny thing about it is until I compared it to a clear 1989 RDV6, I didn't notice the steps appear to be doubled...Any comments?

I am posting pics of the ojne i found and a comparison coint...The 'G' does look like it may have a sight tail to it, but it is also thinner and appears to be farther away and then you have the whole stair thing. Again, I am new and don't know jack.

Oh yeah, lots of what appears to be die scratches maybe on this coin...not sure...and the one labeled RDV5 is a Philly mint and the comparison is a Denver mint if that matters.

wavysteps
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Just a little bit of die wear and the "G" seems to look like the RVD-005. In this case, you can still see the foot of the RVD-006 even though the die has been abraded.

For all of you who are searching for the possible RVD-005 on a 1989 Lincoln cent, keep in mind that if there is die wear, die abrasion or die damage in that spot, do not try and fit that RVD-006 into being a RVD-005. Better to just toss it into the return bag and keep on searching. Remember, the attributer must also see the same thing that you see and if you are not sure, the attributer will not be sure either.

BJ Neff

FenderBender
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I thought so and then I wondered about the edge of the steps thinking that was something. Sometimes you just need someone to bring you back donw to earth.

Brad
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
The edge of the steps looks like common machine doubling or something similar.

THE PENNY MAN
04-27-2008, 03:48 PM
This die was delisted and debunked...ABREADED DIE