PDA

View Full Version : 1960-D DDO-001 RPM-100 FS101/501 (025.5) in High Resolution

ray_parkhurst
12-28-2020, 01:09 PM
Got this one in a trade with @jmangham. I have only imaged the obverse so far, but there are lots of interesting things going on with this coin, including many more markers than are shown in the refs. Check out the big gouge on the shoulder!

Links to the photos on CC are broken so not sure if the gouges are pictured there, but they are not on VV.

Check it out on EasyZoom, and don't forget to zoom in to see the details, and give it time to load:

https://easyzoom.com/image/238557/album/0/4?mode=manage

Petespockets55
12-28-2020, 07:10 PM
Excellent images Ray. That Easyzoom site seems to be user friendly.

That die sure had some neat anomalies on it. That little bump in the field in front of the brow, the odd "horizontal Y" through the R (LIBERTY), the E-W gouge above his shoulder, etc.

ray_parkhurst
12-28-2020, 07:25 PM
EasyZoom is the only site I know of which can host such large images. GigaMacro offers a hosting service but I've never tried them out. Each of these images is ~80MB and 9500 pixels so most other sites just choke on them.

jmangham
12-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Got this one in a trade with @jmangham. I have only imaged the obverse so far, but there are lots of interesting things going on with this coin, including many more markers than are shown in the refs. Check out the big gouge on the shoulder!

Links to the photos on CC are broken so not sure if the gouges are pictured there, but they are not on VV.

Check it out on EasyZoom, and don't forget to zoom in to see the details, and give it time to load:

https://easyzoom.com/image/238557/album/0/4?mode=manage

Really nice image! Yeah, there's definately a lot going on on these!

hasfam
12-29-2020, 07:29 PM
Beautiful Ray. I have always enjoyed looking at your photographed coins. The best in the business.

Brad
12-30-2020, 09:06 AM
Wow Ray, that is really nice. Stacks Bowers should hire you since their photos are garbage.