PDA

View Full Version : 1943 S possible new RPM?

makecents
03-20-2021, 01:04 PM
I like to buy an occasional coin album on the bay every now and then, I look at it like buying a lottery ticket.:) Some close but no matches. It looks like a rotated RPM but maybe just a worn out punch, could use some help with this one. I know it's minor but look at the base of the 1 too, in the closeup.

Thanks for looking.
Jon.

joel
03-20-2021, 01:28 PM
I would think the same thing Jon!! I would have posted it just as you have except I probably would have missed the spread under the one. It would take a lot more experience than I have to make a call on this one. Good luck and good job scoping that one out!!

makecents
03-20-2021, 01:35 PM
I would think the same thing Jon!! I would have posted it just as you have except I probably would have missed the spread under the one. It would take a lot more experience than I have to make a call on this one. Good luck and good job scoping that one out!!Thanks, Larry! I just figured I would see what folks said, definitely not sure myself.

WxMan
03-20-2021, 03:06 PM
I’m not qualified enough to add an opinion on the rpm but I’m a big fan of coin books. They’ve been quite kind to me.

makecents
03-20-2021, 05:25 PM
I’m not qualified enough to add an opinion on the rpm but I’m a big fan of coin books. They’ve been quite kind to me.Yes, as I noticed recently!:) I wish you continued luck with the coin books.

Petespockets55
03-21-2021, 06:57 AM
1943 get me all the time Jon. The doubling you point out with arrows seem to show the MM being reduced in size. I don't really see any notching so I'm thinking is a result of MD, or plating if it's reprocessed.

EDIT: The base of the 1 is interesting. Is there any doubling under there or under LIBERTY?

makecents
03-21-2021, 01:30 PM
1943 get me all the time Jon. The doubling you point out with arrows seem to show the MM being reduced in size. I don't really see any notching so I'm thinking is a result of MD, or playing if it's reprocessed.

EDIT: The base of the 1 is interesting. Is there any doubling under there or under LIBERTY?I think you may be right about the MD on the east side and I think the anomaly under the 1 may be abrasions. Here is a angled pic of the serif though.

Petespockets55
03-21-2021, 04:36 PM
That is a superb image of the MM but I still can't tell if the serifs are notching or something else.

mustbebob
03-22-2021, 12:05 PM
Way too minor to list, even if it was an RPM. If we stare at it long enough and let our eyes cross...we can have whatever we want to.
Seriously though folks, you are working too hard on this one.

makecents
03-23-2021, 04:20 AM
Way too minor to list, even if it was an RPM. If we stare at it long enough and let our eyes cross...we can have whatever we want to.
Seriously though folks, you are working too hard on this one.Thanks, Bob. Occasionally I'll still let one that I shouldn't, get under my skin. In the wheat box it goes.:)

willbrooks
03-23-2021, 12:20 PM
Seriously though folks, you are working too hard on this one.

What, Jon look too hard? Not our Jon! :nerd::LOL_Hair:
At least Jim isn't around. He'd make this into a banana split with a cherry on top. :kiss:

makecents
03-23-2021, 04:15 PM
Not our Jon! Well, Will making my day, just knowing I'm yours!:LOL_Hair:

makecents
03-23-2021, 04:16 PM
At least Jim isn't around. He'd make this into a banana split with a cherry on top. :kiss:I like the cherry on top!:)

scubalou
03-25-2021, 08:21 AM
I like it Jon: something I would look at for an hour or more: lou. lol

kloccwork419
03-25-2021, 11:21 AM
What, Jon look too hard? Not our Jon! :nerd::LOL_Hair:
At least Jim isn't around. He'd make this into a banana split with a cherry on top. :kiss:

Not sure what Will is talking about ??????????:LOL_Hair:

willbrooks
03-25-2021, 01:23 PM
Not sure what Will is talking about ??????????:LOL_Hair:

Oh, you know. (Wink wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, eh?)

makecents
03-25-2021, 04:31 PM
Not sure what Will is talking about ??????????:LOL_Hair:I was keeping it PG with my responses above. Lotta stuff rolled through my little brain.:LOL_Hair: