PDA

View Full Version : 1970s Small Date- Uncirculated from a full roll.

Petespockets55
06-13-2021, 06:13 AM
I've been working so much I haven't had time to search but I won an auction lot of memorials with 130 rolls for $95. I didn't last more than three weeks before I had to look at a couple of the more interesting rolls.

I picked a couple of 1970s because of the potential for RPM's (and of course the impossible potential of a small date)
Well, low and behold, about the third to last coin on the second roll the very weak LIBERTY on this coin pooped out at me.

There's really no mistaking the weakness of LIBERTY on this variety as a pickup point.

Thanks for looking.
(I've got a surprise to share about another auction lot I won that I'll share sometime later this week, as time allows.)

makecents
06-13-2021, 06:43 AM
Very nice, Cliff, congrats! Before I even notice the weak Liberty, the inside of the nine pointing at the 7 instead of the mm is my pickup, it just jumps out at me.:)

makecents
06-13-2021, 06:47 AM
this coin pooped out at me..........Hah!:D

joel
06-13-2021, 08:45 AM
You couldn't ask for a better outcome on your search of these rolls Cliff!! Outstanding find!! Were these circulated rolls? Thanks, Larry

Petespockets55
06-13-2021, 06:52 PM
Thanks Jon. (I hate it when I get pooped at by varieties.:LOL_Hair:)

You couldn't ask for a better outcome on your search of these rolls Cliff!! Outstanding find!! Were these circulated rolls? Thanks, Larry

No. They were solid date uncirculated. Hard to tell if they were a collector's stash or dealer's.

This was the second group I got from the same local auction house. Dates penciled on the sides were from around 1981 on both groups. I haven't had time to search the first group either and that group had some wheat rolls in it.
Sheesh! :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Sheila ruley
06-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Congrats on a nice find!

Petespockets55
06-20-2021, 02:54 PM
Thanks Sheila.
BTW- If any one is interested in any of the rolls I won, pm or email me and I'll send you some free, as in no cost to you. I can't stand to see them sit on floor taking up space when I know people here might have a great time with them. 95% of the rolls are uncirculated with minor varieties, if they have any at all

ps. Happy Father's day to all you Pops out there.

joel
06-20-2021, 05:22 PM
Very generous or you Cliff!!

Petespockets55
06-21-2021, 05:00 AM
Thanks Larry.
(I need to get my eyes looked at so I can search again without falling asleep after 15 minutes.:tinysmile_cry_t3: )