PDA

View Full Version : 2004-P DDO/DDR FS-801

makecents
06-17-2021, 03:15 PM
Just a few months into searching Lincolns, I found two of these within a month of each other and this is the first I've found searching bank rolls in nearly three and a half years. Really great thickness everywhere on the reverse, even the columns and Abe are spread.

cc (https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=2004&die_id=2004p1dr001&die_state=mds)

VV (http://www.varietyvista.com/01c%20LC%20Doubled%20Dies%20Vol%203/2004PDDR001%20cent.htm)

Wexler (https://doubleddie.com/732834.html)

Thanks for looking.
Jon.

Roller
06-17-2021, 03:52 PM
Nice find.

joel
06-18-2021, 03:37 AM
Excellent finds Jon!! I'm going back to memorials and try to find one for myself!!

Rowdyricster
06-18-2021, 03:53 AM
Very nice find, Jon. Congrats.

makecents
06-18-2021, 04:53 AM
Nice find.

Excellent finds Jon!! I'm going back to memorials and try to find one for myself!!

Very nice find, Jon. Congrats.

Thanks, George, Larry and Ric! When I found those two, early on in my searching career, I thought to myself, this finding varieties is easy and then didn't see anything for months.:)

Petespockets55
06-19-2021, 05:02 AM
Congrats Jon.
Feast or famine seems to be the rule.
Keeping that "aggravation can" at the ready is actually a sanity saver during the famines.

hasfam
06-19-2021, 10:12 AM
Very nice find. I always liked that variety and it used to be pretty easy to pull them from bank rolls in my area...but alas, not any more. Wish I had hung on to one or two of them back then. Now I'm on the hunt again. Congrats to you.

makecents
06-19-2021, 11:02 AM
Congrats Jon.
Feast or famine seems to be the rule.
Keeping that "aggravation can" at the ready is actually a sanity saver during the famines.Thanks, Cliff! You are correct on the feast or famine, hoping for more feast.:) Haven't went to the can for awhile and it shows, getting close to the top.

makecents
06-19-2021, 11:03 AM
Very nice find. I always liked that variety and it used to be pretty easy to pull them from bank rolls in my area...but alas, not any more. Wish I had hung on to one or two of them back then. Now I'm on the hunt again. Congrats to you.Thanks, Rock! A pleasant find, after a long dry spell.

Sheila ruley
06-23-2021, 07:44 PM
Whoa, that is some nice doubling! Congrats!

makecents
06-25-2021, 04:36 AM
Whoa, that is some nice doubling! Congrats!Thanks, Sheila! I still love the feeling of flipping a coin over and seeing this kind of distortion, it's as exciting as the first one I ever found!:)

Sheila ruley
06-25-2021, 08:49 AM
Thanks, Sheila! I still love the feeling of flipping a coin over and seeing this kind of distortion, it's as exciting as the first one I ever found!:)

I totally agree! I just love the feeling that my hard work pays off. I rarely sell and I have never purchased any coins that I have. I don’t get much searching time these days. I have been having a hard time with my episodes. They make me very sick. I am also limited to what I do daily to prevent as my neurological condition from harmful to me. I have stroke like symptoms and I can’t stand or walk. The last couple I have had has been really bad. My mom said she was about to call 911. She has never seen me like that before. My episode started at around 10:30 am until 8:00 at night. I have to be careful because I fall out of my chair and off the couch.
I miss being on here and searching. I would be on here more often, but I have a hard time seeing clearly a lot of days. I will do what I can.

makecents
06-26-2021, 04:15 PM
I totally agree! I just love the feeling that my hard work pays off. I rarely sell and I have never purchased any coins that I have. I don’t get much searching time these days. I have been having a hard time with my episodes. They make me very sick. I am also limited to what I do daily to prevent as my neurological condition from harmful to me. I have stroke like symptoms and I can’t stand or walk. The last couple I have had has been really bad. My mom said she was about to call 911. She has never seen me like that before. My episode started at around 10:30 am until 8:00 at night. I have to be careful because I fall out of my chair and off the couch.
I miss being on here and searching. I would be on here more often, but I have a hard time seeing clearly a lot of days. I will do what I can.I've always been impressed by your finds, Sheila, you have worked hard with your searching and hope you get to the point you can again.