PDA

View Full Version : 1958D-1MM-023 or 037

joel
09-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Not sure about this one. No die markers found so I'm thinking EDS. I'm leaning toward 037 based on placement of the MM and the lower split. Help appreciated.
1MM-023 (https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1958&die_id=1958d1mm023&die_state=mds) 1MM-037 (https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1958&die_id=1958d1mm037&die_state=lds)
Thanks for looking.

Petespockets55
09-22-2021, 08:49 AM
There you are!! (Starting to worry you stopped posting because you looked at the last wheat cent ever made. LOL)
Hope you were off on vacation and traveling the world.

I see what you mean about a different die state on your coin than the images for either variety.
IMHO, MM placement looks closer to 1MM-037 (almost touching the tail of the 9) and the shape of the lower serif matches 037 better as well.

joel
09-22-2021, 09:51 AM
There you are!! (Starting to worry you stopped posting because you looked at the last wheat cent ever made. LOL)
Hope you were off on vacation and traveling the world.

I see what you mean about a different die state on your coin than the images for either variety.
IMHO, MM placement looks closer to 1MM-037 (almost touching the tail of the 9) and the shape of the lower serif matches 037 better as well.

Thanks Cliff and I agree with your assessment. I haven't been traveling but I have been taking a break from LCF which I have been fully involved in for the past 7 and a half years. This year has been a grind since I spent the first 8 months sorting and searching 80,000 wheats that I bought. Didn't find anything big but I did find many minor varieties the best being several OMM varieties. I was so happy when I completed the job and just wanted to do something else for a while. I'm happy to back and I will be buying and searching bricks in more manageable quantities. Thanks, Larry

Petespockets55
09-22-2021, 10:45 AM
Thanks Cliff and I agree with your assessment. I haven't been traveling but I have been taking a break from LCF which I have been fully involved in for the past 7 and a half years. This year has been a grind since I spent the first 8 months sorting and searching 80,000 wheats that I bought. Didn't find anything big but I did find many minor varieties the best being several OMM varieties. I was so happy when I completed the job and just wanted to do something else for a while. I'm happy to back and I will be buying and searching bricks in more manageable quantities. Thanks, Larry

Glad to hear you are healthy with all that is going on.
80,000 is a lot of wheats in 8 months, especially when posting the finds online to share with others. Thanks for posting them ... and coming back.

Glad you had a chance to take a break and a lot of people here know the relief when done with a large batch.

kloccwork419
09-22-2021, 11:00 AM
I agree with Cliff also on it being 037. Everyone needs a break now and then Larry, glad it was on your terms. Lol. I still laugh at Larry(Joel) and Cliff(Pete). Whos Cliff? Pete. Lol. Then whos Larry? Joel. :LOL_Hair:Everyone knows by now but still funny

makecents
09-22-2021, 02:11 PM
I'm with you guys on the attribution. Man, that mm is tucked in there tight. Nice to hear from ya Larry! I understand the taking a break but have no clue how much you may have needed it, given the number of coins you handle. I would say your numbers would rival most anyone out there.:)

joel
09-22-2021, 03:01 PM
I agree with Cliff also on it being 037. Everyone needs a break now and then Larry, glad it was on your terms. Lol. I still laugh at Larry(Joel) and Cliff(Pete). Whos Cliff? Pete. Lol. Then whos Larry? Joel. :LOL_Hair:Everyone knows by now but still funny

Thanks Jason, I like it!!

joel
09-22-2021, 03:09 PM
I'm with you guys on the attribution. Man, that mm is tucked in there tight. Nice to hear from ya Larry! I understand the taking a break but have no clue how much you may have needed it, given the number of coins you handle. I would say your numbers would rival most anyone out there.:)

Thanks Jon!! Sometimes I just can't help myself, but I will try to be more cointious in the future!!

Petespockets55
09-23-2021, 07:31 AM
... be more cointious in the future!!

LOL
I like that term. As opposed to some people being "un-cointious" when they get knocked out.

... Lol. I still laugh at Larry(Joel) and Cliff(Pete). Whos Cliff? Pete. Lol. Then whos Larry? Joel. :LOL_Hair:Everyone knows by now but still funny

99% of my contacts know me as Cliff but with screen names needing to be different ...

You should have seen my wife's family trying to make sense of it when we were dating and she would use Pete. "I thought you said his name is Cliff?" And then they were wondering if they let the cat out of the bag when I asked her who this other guy was. Loved keeping them on their toes. :LOL_Hair: