PDA

View Full Version : 1934P help with designation

pdi
10-01-2021, 08:26 AM
I’m sorry about the full coin photos in advance. I can get close ups with my scope but I can’t zoom out far enough to get the full cent in the shot so my phone camera has to do. I have another camera coming that will hopefully allow me to get more clear pictures of the whole coin. I was going through an old Whitman book of my late fathers just for the fun of seeing if he missed anything as he filled his books in the 50’s and 60’s. Had books started for myself and my sister but we were very small. He left collecting but kept all that he had accumulated then one day passed them to me! I’ve been hooked for 10 years now. I wished he would have lit the fire under me 50 years ago when I was 8. Didn't happen, so hear we are so many years later really liking the hobby to the point of obsession! Loving ever minute I get. I think by the looks of this one as I can tell it is a 1934P-1DO-001 in coppercoins. Thanks for the help.

pdi
10-01-2021, 09:12 AM
My mistake, it could also be a 005 or 007

makecents
10-01-2021, 02:22 PM
If you are referring to the southwest base of the "B" in LIBERTY, that is either a design flaw and on all of the 34's or from a doubled master die. I don't see any evidence of a doubled die here. Do you see anything else on the coin that jumps out at you?

To show what I'm talking about, scroll all the way down to the last listing on Wexler, it's a DDR but they show part of LIBERTY, just for a marker. You can see the same notch on the B. LINK https://doubleddie.com/532534.html

Let's see what others say, I may be overlooking something.

pdi
10-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Thank you for your thoughts on this one. I saw what you were talking about. I will look again at mine for markers.
mw

makecents
10-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Thank you for your thoughts on this one. I saw what you were talking about. I will look again at mine for markers.
mwI may have not explained that very well. You don't need to find markers but look for some evidence of doubling, I don't think your coin is a doubled die. The only reason I showed you the link on Wexler, was to explain the B may be that way on all or many of the 34's. The listing I pointed it out on is not a DDO but has the same look to the B.

pdi
10-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Okay , I see now. Thanks