PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay crook

nightowl
06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
He even anwsers a question at the bottom of page and says he doesnt think its the RPM-013. Its still listed as the 013. I messaged him with no response and reported it to Ebay with no response from them either. [surprise surprise]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110400002770#description

jcuve
06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Can't get eBay to act on erroneous listed variety coins, just error coins - I don't know why...

1sgret
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Can't get eBay to act on erroneous listed variety coins, just error coins - I don't know why...

Because E-Bay does not have anyone who knows variety coins and they want the fees (real or not) from the listings and sales.

hasfam
06-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I've alway wondered why eBay only has an "error' category and not a "variety' category. Is it all the same to them. ironically, they have hundreds of different categories and subcategories for Hotwheels, sportscards, marbles, etc. I just think it would be justified to have 2 seperate categories for coins. Errors and Varieties.
my2cents
Rock

abe
08-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Just the other day, I saw a 1953/3 with die deterioration, it was trying to be sold as extremely rare double die. Looks exactly like the so-called 1955 poormans. In the errors section someone had a 1910-S error as very rare. It was clear as day that it was altered. The zero used to be a nine, it was made into a very large zero. Scammers everywhere..

1sgret
08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Anything for the Buck.

Problem is with two categories is that the common dealer/seller does not know the differences between an error coin and a variety coin.

jcuve
08-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Just the other day, I saw a 1953/3 with die deterioration, it was trying to be sold as extremely rare double die. Looks exactly like the so-called 1955 poormans. In the errors section someone had a 1910-S error as very rare. It was clear as day that it was altered. The zero used to be a nine, it was made into a very large zero. Scammers everywhere..

Those '53s with DDD are up on eBay frequently along with '69S and '72P MDD auctions.

That 1910 should be reported to eBay, they usually pull stuff like that...

Anything for the Buck.

Problem is with two categories is that the common dealer/seller does not know the differences between an error coin and a variety coin.

They need to learn...and quick...