PDA

View Full Version : 1983 P WDDO-001, DDO-001, 1DO-001, FS101 (MDS-C)

Petespockets55
07-17-2022, 07:34 PM
This is one of 4-5 Red varieties I got in one roll of "Fun Rolls" I got from EScottcoins.com. (Other varieties included a 1946D/D 1MM-004, two 1955S BIES and I forget the others.) I know the name "Fun Rolls" sounds a little hoky/questionable, but they really are fun. They don't claim the rolls are unsearched, just that you'll have fun when you search them. Check out the site if you're interested in fantastic images and videos of varieties and other coins. It costs nothing and you don't even have to sign up to view the videos.
The site where these came from has really sharp images, Accurate-View Videos, and a money back guarantee on any variety they sell raw (and no I'm not a pitchman for them). They do a lot for the numismatic community in the way of education and I want to help reinforce that kind of help for the hobby.

Thanks for looking and adding any comments, especially if you look at the site.

(I know, enough chattering already.)

1983 P WDDO-001, DDO-001, 1DO-001, FS101 (MDS-B)
(This one does have some condition issues but I'm still pleased for this hard-to-find variety.)

EDIT: I see my mistake. i was misreading the Die State Charts @ VV This is MDS, Stage B. Can a moderator please correct the title to be "MDS Stage B" Thanks.

duck620
07-18-2022, 07:57 AM
Nice find no matter what condition .Congrats.

joel
07-18-2022, 11:08 AM
Very cool find Cliff, Congrats!!

makecents
07-18-2022, 04:09 PM
That's very cool, Cliff, congrats! You did a nice job on the pics too. He does seem like a pretty good guy, from what I saw on CCF. I knew it would not be long before he left, with the head butting between him and Coop. It may not be long for me either.:)

Petespockets55
07-19-2022, 05:28 PM
Thanks for taking a look and the comments. This was a surprise that I passed by the first time I looked through the roll. I like 1983 LC for a lot of reasons but I wanted wheat cents in the roll, consarn-it (https://www.wordsense.eu/consarn_it/)! It was only when I asked myself why anyone would put this ugly Lincoln in a roll of wheats and varieties that I did a double take. Sure glad I did.

That's very cool, Cliff, congrats! You did a nice job on the pics too. He does seem like a pretty good guy, from what I saw on CCF. I knew it would not be long before he left, with the head butting between him and Coop. It may not be long for me either.:)

Jon, EJ has some great prizes for his contests and the fun rolls, .... are. I didn't know what the reason was for him leaving but do remember some back and forth between them.
I hope you continue to visit there as well as here. You really do add a lot of in depth knowledge and are very informative when you post.

Your 1963 Proof "two-fer" dime was a great find and obviously the variety you attributed. I knew it after you took the time to post images of the markers. Unfortunately C's been alienating some longtime collectors that know what they are posting. I don't really think it's intentional, but sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. I'm not sure what it is but it seems like he's just use to trying to add something of value to all the threads, instead of just saying "Congratulations on the find!"