PDA

View Full Version : Odd behaviors when posting

TPring
01-02-2023, 09:55 AM
Just an FYI:

1 - using the 'reply with quote' function doesn't add the quote to the reply and,

2 - I am not able to edit my post [after logging out then logging in]

edit: hmm, it is now but not for my previous post (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49618-New-User&p=390211#post390211)

ahh, maybe the 'new user' section doesn't allow for quoting and editing -- no big deal just never tried it before in new user

willbrooks
01-02-2023, 02:53 PM
It all seems to be working for me.

enamel7
01-02-2023, 04:26 PM
It all seems to be working for me.

Works for me too!

makecents
01-02-2023, 05:53 PM
Works for me too!Me too, not sure T, maybe on your end?

Maineman750
01-03-2023, 07:01 AM
It does sound like something on your end judging by the comments....everything looks fine on my end too, but I have to look at others comments because I have more privileges

TPring
01-03-2023, 09:24 PM
It does sound like something on your end judging by the comments....everything looks fine on my end too, but I have to look at others comments because I have more privileges

Interesting... Again, I tried to "Reply with quote" on Hay3mak3r's post #12 [in New User (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49618-New-User/page2)] and it will not automatically put what he wrote in quotations but, I can do it for others' quotes.

Maineman750
01-04-2023, 02:42 AM
Interesting... Again, I tried to "Reply with quote" on Hay3mak3r's post #12 [in New User (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49618-New-User/page2)] and it will not automatically put what he wrote in quotations but, I can do it for others' quotes.

Works for me ! Just went to that thread and did it

Petespockets55
01-04-2023, 05:13 AM
Just an FYI:

1 - using the 'reply with quote' function doesn't add the quote to the reply and,

2 - I am not able to edit my post [after logging out then logging in]

edit: hmm, it is now but not for my previous post (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49618-New-User&p=390211#post390211)

ahh, maybe the 'new user' section doesn't allow for quoting and editing -- no big deal just never tried it before in new user

You're not going nutso T.
It was happening to me intermittently over last week or so, over multiple days. Quote wasn't showing up either in the reply box and/or "Edit" wasn't working.

It seems to be working today as I was able to quote your comments.

Petespockets55
01-11-2023, 06:25 AM
Hmmm... I was going to edit my previous comment but the box with the comment to be edited went blank when I hit the edit button.
"Go Advanced" and preview button did the same thing on the previous comment.

Moderators/Roger/Peter. This is probably related to TPrings thread and Larry's (Joel) threads about issues randomly showing up.

And now when I hit the "Post Quick Reply" for this comment, I'm getting the dreaded "Confirm You Want to leave this page".

Well, now it's back to normal posting. Just wanted to keep the mods abreast of what I was going through in real time. My apologies for distracting from the original thread.

EDIT: Mods, Please delete this comment once you have seen it so it doesn't detract form the thread.
Thanks.

TPring
01-11-2023, 05:35 PM
Hmmm... I was going to edit my previous comment but the box with the comment to be edited went blank when I hit the edit button.
"Go Advanced" and preview button did the same thing on the previous comment.

Moderators/Roger/Peter. This is probably related to TPrings thread and Larry's (Joel) threads about issues randomly showing up. .

Well, now it's back to normal posting. Just wanted to keep the mods abreast of what I was going through in real time. My apologies for distracting from the original thread.

EDIT: Mods, Please delete this comment once you have seen it so it doesn't detract form the thread.
Thanks.

Yes, this.

willbrooks
01-12-2023, 09:36 AM
I've been having some odd things happening too. For instance, it wouldn't post my post until I removed the smilie from it.