PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI on what I am experiencing...

TPring
02-19-2023, 08:55 PM
Not sure if it is just me so I am "putting it out there".

I still have issues with the login button on the forum page -- I get a 404 error. To get into the forum, I click on someones login name link and go through a 'back door'.

The CoinCollectingEnterprises.com advertising link gives me an error [opens a page that says, "Safari can't open the page"].

I took a look at some of the HTML coding and see that some of the links aren't updated to HTTPS so not sure if that is part of the issue.

I use an Apple Mac [OS - Big Sur] and Safari browser [version 15].

Thanks

Petespockets55
02-20-2023, 04:49 AM
Sorry to hear you're still having issues T.
My issues have ceased since the certificates were updated.
(I'm using a "Windows" PC with Firefox browser.)

TPring
02-20-2023, 07:41 AM
The post is not meant to be self-serving -- I am relatively patient and have the work-around. My post is more informational for the operation of the forum because these issues may crop up for newer users or potential members and they may not be so forgiving.

https://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49785-Issues-Signing-On

Example: A user on another forum tried to join this forum and was having difficulty, I didn't understand why. Later, Roger announced that something regarding the sign-up process needed to be corrected because nobody was able to join during that period. Since then, several have created accounts -- The person I was talking about gave up on joining.

edit: Just noticed the addition of the Login-Retry button, that works fine.

makecents
02-20-2023, 01:44 PM
I have been having the same problem, very recently, maybe 3 or 4 days. The login-retry button works though....

Rollem
02-20-2023, 02:04 PM
You should be able to "Register" or "LOGIN" WITH THE "RETRY" link. Yes we have the host and others working on problem.

Thanks for your patience, but do post about bugs.
James

I AM NOT A OWNER

willbrooks
02-20-2023, 04:43 PM
Just stay logged in forever like I do. No problems.

Petespockets55
02-21-2023, 05:03 AM
Thanks T, for pointing out the "Log-in-retry" button.