PDA

View Full Version : 1962P DDO

Roller
03-20-2024, 02:29 PM
I'm thinking this is a CC 010P but am not sure. Photos suck but can you tell from the date shot alone? Can't locate any markers.

grnwavdav
03-20-2024, 03:14 PM
Super cool. I see CC’s 1DO-010P is paired with DDR 1DR-004P. Does yours have the DDR?

Roller
03-21-2024, 07:03 AM
Super cool. I see CC’s 1DO-010P is paired with DDR 1DR-004P. Does yours have the DDR?
Thanks for the look. Part of my problem is that I do not discern doubling on the reverse. I'm going to retreat from my original attribution and go back to the drawing board. On the CC 010P there is no line visible on the 1 of the date whereas there is a strong line on mine. I have more than one of this date that show the same or similar doubling which makes attribution even more problematic for me. Once I figure out how to eliminate the glare on my photos (maybe go back to axial lighting) I will re-post.

makecents
03-21-2024, 07:18 AM
I would say there are at least half a dozen, if not more, that this one could be. My favorite, at this point, is cc's 030. They only show an MDS and yours looks like it could be earlier. The only reason I'm leaning this direction, besides very similar doubling, are the flow lines around the date and LIBERTY are extremely similar in direction. See if you can find any similar die scratches/gouges, on the listing. Don't just look at the called out markers, maybe something in the background not mentioned.

cc 030 https://coppercoins.com/lincoln/diestate.php?date=1962&die_id=1962p1do030p&die_state=mds