PDA

View Full Version : 2023 P Unlisted Hub Doubling

makecents
04-06-2024, 03:04 PM
If you bank roll search, just a heads up that this is looking like a doubled working hub and worth absolutely nothing....
I thought it was machine doubling, until I found the second and third, then thought I found a minor doubled die. After I found about a roll of them, started paying attention to markers and just the obverse and reverse die in general and realized there were different working dies with the same doubling. I'm well into a box and have found several hundred of them now. I sent Doc a message to see if he wants a roll to peruse, so we may have it listed, in order to save folks some time.

For those who don't roll search, disregard this post. :)

Petespockets55
04-06-2024, 07:42 PM
That's interesting Jon. Thanks for sharing that info.

I noticed some doubling on eyes for 2023 and sent some to Will who confirmed it being master die doubling.
I'll see if I can find that thread.

Here's the thread (https://www.lincolncentforum.com/forum/showthread.php?49781-2022-P-1c-Lincoln-(Doubling-on-inner-ear-nose-eye-forehead)), but the date is 2022 (not 2023).

makecents
04-07-2024, 05:42 AM
Yeah, it's a good and bad thing when you weed these out. What stinks, is I have better than half a box of these to go through still and up to this point, they account for about 95% of what I have seen....