PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to site

kkady
10-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Hello, I am new to your site, and what a site it is! My name is Kevin, I live in NJ and currently work in Manhattan. I am in my mid 40's and have been facinated by old coins since my grandfather started giving them to me from his "hoard" when I was in grade school. I eventually lost the interest as I got older and was soured when my grandfather's coins were sold to dealers without ever being searched through by my mother, aunt, and uncle! (buckets of them) ouch! My grandfather wasn't a collector. He was a hoarder. Never checked em. Anyway, years pass, and this past summer i'm hangin out with my aunt and she breaks out a lockbox full of coins which she says was the last one they had, and never sold. Well, she gives it to me, and I got the bug back!!! I immediately pass on the silver and search through the pennies. for some reason pennies have always been my favorite. Now I'm seriously back into the hobby and am quickly amassing many lincolns, as they have been all I've been concentrating on (I still have rolls and rolls of true unsearched silver). I'm working on a nice set and still have yet to aquire the "king", but its coming soon. Now that I've found your site, I will begin to look at my "senses" a bit differently! I have many questions and hope you all please excuse my naiveness as I'm still learning about my favorite issue. Much thanks.

jcuve
10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the LCR forums - post pictures of your finds!

1sgret
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the LCR and enjoy.

Brad
10-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Welcome to the LCR. When you get the "King", post some pics.

RWBILLER
10-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Kevin:
welcome to LCR - i also live in NJ.
thx
roger

JeanK
10-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Welcome Kevin! You will learn a lot here.
Jean

trails
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the site and above all else, have fun here.

BJ Neff

rockdude
10-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum kkady. Would love to see the silver also.

car10
10-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum.

corroded
10-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Great bio, Kevin. Don't you just want to choke relatives sometimes? I had exwife
that did the same thing. Well, you're on the right track. So, welcome to you!