PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable 90 NMM

PennyLoafer63
11-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi all,
Yesterday my ex-fiance.LoL brought me a box of pennie's from his bank and the first 1990 I pulled out is absolutely unbelieveable,not just that it was in circulation but it is so frosty looking and flawless that it's indescribable!:squigglemouth:
I am blind as a bat but I can hold it away from me and see the doubling if if it's not 3x? It is so obvious on the entire Rev. and Obv.and E.pluribus.unum is stacked like 3 times....seriously..I have a weird way with descriptions but I am a newbie too so bare with me...LoL
The detailing is so sharp and razorlike even...I've never seen one that look's like it..I tried scanning it with my flatbed scanner but it shows up as dark brown but believe me it doesn't have 1 bit of brown on it anywhere! and it doesn't show the details as well?? Can someone steer me in the right direction please also as to how I can scan it better for you guy's?
I've seen alot of nice 90's but this one doesn't even compare to them! Could it be a proof??
Thanks In Advance!!!

Brad
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Do you have a digital camera? Try holding a magnifier up to the lens and taking a pic.

jcuve
11-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Proofs sometimes enter circulation, so it is possible. The doubling, if on both sides, is likely machine doubling, die deterioration doubling or (just maybe) a multi-strike – we need images to try and figure it out though.

Scanners usually have settings in a menu somewhere, set it at a high DPI scan rate and output rate (which is normal in percentages); the larger the image the better. Other than that there isn't much that can be done with a scanner.

POSTSCRIPT:
Here is the LCR Camera Thread, maybe that will help...
http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4037

PennyLoafer63
11-07-2009, 12:55 PM
ok,Thanks!
BRB with pix,I don't have a digicam,Lost it in the ocean!.LoL

PennyLoafer63
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
I have been at this scanning since my last post to you and No matter what I've tried,well to make a short story even shorter,
It's a piece a crap.:(
The pix are like an older penny & it does no justice period for this one, but I think you can still see some of the doubling which may be MMD but the coin itself is a spectacular gold color..LoL With a sharp mirror like image and the only flaw on it is a tiny bubble,maybe you can see it about an inch from his nose?......and on the reverse right side of the building that polished spot maybe...LoL Sorry,I wish I could do better,Maybe Santa will bring me a cam?? ...Yea right?.....:sign10:
I made it lighter hoping to show the crispiness!
PL

PennyLoafer63
11-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I've gotta figure out whats wrong with the other pic.grrrrr

jpl6332
11-08-2009, 09:17 AM
I can see what appears to be doubliing on the E D S that looks promising. Can you ask around and see if a friend has a digital camera with a macro lens attachment. This coin does look interesting.

Jeff

PennyLoafer63
11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry,It has taken me so log to get back with ya but my neighbor and good friend had a tragedy so been focused on her for awhile......But I sure will,if nothing else I'll rent one!
Thanx!!!!!!:D

PennyLoafer63
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
The rev.I inverted the color.seemed easier to see!:sign10:

PennyLoafer63
11-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I can see what appears to be doubliing on the E D S that looks promising. Can you ask around and see if a friend has a digital camera with a macro lens attachment. This coin does look interesting.

Jeff
Sorry,It has taken me so log to get back with ya but my neighbor and good friend had a tragedy so been focused on her for awhile......But I sure will,if nothing else I'll rent one!
Thanx!!!!!!:D
In the mean time I rescanned and sized.....Probably not great either but closer...LoL