PDA

View Full Version : I think it is Class 3

JeanK
12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
As best as I can see the markers for this variety as posted on coppercoins.com are not present on this coin.
The marks under the B and E seem to be stronger than the coin shown at CC. There appears to be a similar mark under the left leg of the R but close inspection shows a bit of misplaced metal.
Thanks for checking,
Jean

jcuve
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
It looks like it probably is 1DO-001 Jean. If the doubling appears stronger, maybe it is an earlier die state shown on CC?

If that isn't it, just maybe, the coloring from circulation has aided the doubling in that it has created a stronger degree of contrast on the coin. I know typically wear on the coin makes doubling weaker but sometimes a little dirt in the right spot could make it pop visually. But I would go with die state as a more logical answer...

BTW nice find!

MintyFresh
12-17-2009, 09:43 PM
It looks like it probably is 1DO-001 Jean. If the doubling appears stronger, maybe it is an earlier die state shown on CC?

If that isn't it, just maybe, the coloring from circulation has aided the doubling in that it has created a stronger degree of contrast on the coin. I know typically wear on the coin makes doubling weaker but sometimes a little dirt in the right spot could make it pop visually. But I would go with die state as a more logical answer...

BTW nice find!
Jason, I don't think dirt amde it pop out. There is a distinct contrast of doubling from what i can tell.

Nice coin Jean.

mustbebob
12-18-2009, 06:00 AM
From what I can see, this certainly looks like the 1DO-001.

JeanK
12-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks fellas. I did conserve the devices around Liberty to remove the extra gunk and such, so what you see is what I got.
It is nice to find these in coins I had put aside because I could not determine what they were before I got my little microscope.
This is fun to add to my growing collection.
Jean

RWBILLER
12-18-2009, 09:53 AM
jean
You amaze me with your searching expertise!
roger

grnwavdav
12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Nice eye Jean!