PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all.

Derlowemann
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone, just joined this site. I emailed Brad about a question and he sent me a link and I joined today. Although I have collected coins for over 30 years, I am a newbie to errors and most of the terminology. Most other sites I have been to treat the new guy with simple questions like an outcast. Brad assured me this site and the members would not be like that as I have many questions about the deformities in many of my coins.

I mostly collect Lincoln cents, peace dollars and foriegn coins mostly Prussian or German. I worked for the Miami Herald as an independent distributor and would collect the change out of my paper racks and had jars of foriegn coins from all over Cuba and S. America but unfortunately they were stolen.
Please bear with me about some of the questions I will be asking, I am learning and want to learn everything I can. We were all newbies at one time. Thanks to all, especially Brad for making me feel welcome and answering a few questions I had. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a great up coming new year. I'll be back, Anton

jhracing08
12-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the LCR, you will fit right in here. If you have a question just feel free to ask and somebody will be glad to answer it.

hasfam
12-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Anton. Glad you could join us. Sorry to hear your collect was stolen, but more than a few of us have started all over again at some point. Jump in any time and ask away. When you learn, we all learn.
Rock

corroded
12-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Hi. I am Corroded because I save anything no matter what it looks like. I don't discriminate. I just don't care. I don't even have an Avatar. I just don't care.
But I love variety cents.

Bill

jpl6332
12-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Welcome to the Lincoln Cent forum and ask all the questions you need to, I won't be able to answer many of your questions but everyone of my questions has been answered. THe folks here are very professional and are sincerely interested in the hobby.

Jeff

jcuve
12-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Welcome to LCR!

RWBILLER
12-31-2009, 08:36 AM
welcome to LCR and dont worry about anything - just post - that what makes LCR a great place - i was a newbie once and was welcomed and today i have learned a great deal on coins that i would have thrown back!
roger

JeanK
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey Anton, welcome to LCR! Have fun, post pictures, ask questions and you will learn something new everyday.
Jean

Benny53
01-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Welcome, Anton! Lots of help in here and the folk are nice...not a bad combination.