PDA

View Full Version : Has my domain been hyjacked?

hasfam
01-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I'v owned the domain lincolncentvarieties.com since April 2007 but have yet to use it on a web site. Today I was going to check on the expiration date of the domain. I ran a Google search on the domain and a web site was listed at the top of the page. I clicked on it and I'm not sure if someone is using the domain name or is it a bunch of advertising? I didn't think anyone could use it but me.
AND...there is a young beautiful scantily dressed woman on the web site. She really doesn't belong associated with my domain.
Is there any recourse? How can I take back control of my name?

thanks
Rock
here is a link (http://lincolncentvarieties.com/)

JeanK
01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Possibly someone went to your website and directed it to a different server. I would think ne'er-do-wells could easily do this in order to use unsuspecting websites for unpleasantness. Many websites have been hacked and turned into a mess or worse.
A web master may be able to tell you how to undo this.
Jean

DWK
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Did you notice the question at the bottom asking why am I seeing this page?

I think you can contact the hijacker through that.

AgCollector
01-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I'v owned the domain lincolncentvarieties.com since April 2007 but have yet to use it on a web site. Today I was going to check on the expiration date of the domain. I ran a Google search on the domain and a web site was listed at the top of the page. I clicked on it and I'm not sure if someone is using the domain name or is it a bunch of advertising? I didn't think anyone could use it but me.
AND...there is a young beautiful scantily dressed woman on the web site. She really doesn't belong associated with my domain.

thanks
Rock

If you've never done anything with it then whoever you registered it with is making a little extra money filling it with that garbage until you put up a page. If that's still a ways off, have it point to a real page. Who did you register it with- godaddy? Or someone else?

Log in to your domain account and have it forward to something else, even temporarily- you could point it at the LCR, for example, until you have another page ready.

hasfam
01-02-2010, 06:37 PM
If you've never done anything with it then whoever you registered it with is making a little extra money filling it with that garbage until you put up a page. If that's still a ways off, have it point to a real page. Who did you register it with- godaddy? Or someone else?

Log in to your domain account and have it forward to something else, even temporarily- you could point it at the LCR, for example, until you have another page ready.

Good idea. I'll try to do that. Thanks for the help guys.
Rock

jcuve
01-03-2010, 06:34 AM
If you still hold the domain than I would guess (as stated) the company you registered with has made an index.html page with (what someone felt) was appropriate links that probably generated a small amount of $$ for them.

You can forward (or what is sometimes refereed to as attaching or griping) another URL to that domain as suggested (like LCR), but I would also suggest creating a index.html page that said something like under construction and then a few relevant coin links. I can make one for you that you could upload. Who is your hosting service?

hasfam
01-03-2010, 08:59 AM
If you still hold the domain than I would guess (as stated) the company you registered with has made an index.html page with (what someone felt) was appropriate links that probably generated a small amount of $$ for them.

You can forward (or what is sometimes refereed to as attaching or griping) another URL to that domain as suggested (like LCR), but I would also suggest creating a index.html page that said something like under construction and then a few relevant coin links. I can make one for you that you could upload. Who is your hosting service?

Jason,
That would be great if you could do that.
I don't remember who I originally got the domain from but I transfered it to GoDaddy last April when my wife got her domain for her book store. I would like to have it forward to LCR until I can get a web host for myself and start building the site.
Just let me know what you need from me Jason. I really appreciate your help.
Rock

jcuve
01-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Jason,
That would be great if you could do that.
I don't remember who I originally got the domain from but I transfered it to GoDaddy last April when my wife got her domain for her book store. I would like to have it forward to LCR until I can get a web host for myself and start building the site.
Just let me know what you need from me Jason. I really appreciate your help.
Rock

Just tell me what you would want a first page to say temporarily and a few coin links to add (maybe it can just be LCR). Do you know how to upload to your server? I explored the structure of the current website and it is more complex than I realized. Domain hosts usually have either a slow upload page or a separate FTP password (that you create) with a little additional information to upload that way. If Godaddy has a standard upload page, for now, that would be easiest.

MintyFresh
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Jason,

Below is the domain and ISP name for you. Report this to the abuse number listed. I will try and find the legalesse links to cause a cease and dissist and allow you to take it back. If you feel that the image on the site has defamed you, you may want to pursue that recourse, but I am not an attorney.

Pull up this document: :tinysmile_classes_t http://www.brownwelsh.com/HPLowry_archive/Lowry-CTCPAJA07.pdf

Anyway, good luck and here is the info:

"Network Information:
OrgName: eNom, Incorporated
OrgID: ENOM
Address: 15801 NE 24th Street
City: Bellevue
StateProv: WA
PostalCode: 98008
NetRange: 69.64.144.0 - 69.64.159.255
CIDR: 69.64.144.0/20
OriginAS: AS21740
NetName: ENOM-BLOCK
NetHandle: NET-69-64-144-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
NameServer: HK1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
NameServer: HK2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2007-07-25
Updated: 2008-07-01
RAbuseHandle: DEMAN-ARIN
RAbuseName: DemandMedia NOC
RAbusePhone: +1-425-274-4500
RAbuseEmail: dmnoc@demandmedia.com
RNOCHandle: DEMAN-ARIN
RNOCName: DemandMedia NOC
RNOCPhone: +1-425-274-4500
RNOCEmail: dmnoc@demandmedia.com
RTechHandle: RSI80-ARIN
RTechName: Singh, Raj
RTechPhone: +1-425-274-4500
RTechEmail: raj.singh@demandmedia.com
OrgAbuseHandle: DEMAN-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: DemandMedia NOC
OrgAbusePhone: +1-425-274-4500
OrgAbuseEmail: dmnoc@demandmedia.com
OrgNOCHandle: DEMAN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: DemandMedia NOC
OrgNOCPhone: +1-425-274-4500
OrgNOCEmail: dmnoc@demandmedia.com
OrgTechHandle: RSI80-ARIN
OrgTechName: Singh, Raj
OrgTechPhone: +1-425-274-4500
OrgTechEmail: raj.singh@demandmedia.com
# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2010-01-02 20:00
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

"

thanks
Rock

AgCollector
01-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Jason,

Below is the domain and ISP name for you. Report this to the abuse number listed. I will try and find the legalesse links to cause a cease and dissist and allow you to take it back. If you feel that the image on the site has defamed you, you may want to pursue that recourse, but I am not an attorney.

Hey Minty,
I don't think this road needs to be gone down just yet, although the WHOIS might be helpful if there is trouble changing the site.

AgCollector

hasfam
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I really appreciate all the help. I think I've gotten this worked out now. I went to my account on Godaddy and I called them as well. The domain name now forwards to LCR. I will be renewing it soon and will add the Private settings when I do. Looks like everything is good right now. Just need to find a host and start building the site.
Thanks everyone
Rock

Brad
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for pointing it back here! That was nice of you.

I will miss that girl though...:angel:

hasfam
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for pointing it back here! That was nice of you.

I will miss that girl though...:angel:

No problem Brad.
She was a looker for sure.
Rock