PDA

View Full Version : 2005P unlisted - matching pair

dbrablec
01-07-2010, 07:17 AM
here is a pair of doubled (column) reverse (unlisted). i could not find a matching listing at coppercoins - site. i believe they match each other. i do not have the skills to find and match die markers, so i am only assuming the are a matching pair. in any case they appear as large (of larger) than others listed at coppercoins. just sharing. thanks

jcuve
01-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Nice finds!
They could be the same but I cannot tell from the photos posted.

There are a lot of doubled 6th and 7th column DDRs and only a few are listed on Coppercoins.com. Wexler seems to list more of them but there are really just too many to list. I heard Bill Slaughter was trying to catalogue them all, they apparently amount into the hundreds - not sure if he has any references available for attribution yet.

grnwavdav
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Looks like I see a doubled knee on both those coins as well.

corroded
01-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I am sorry to say that out of the 674 I have listed, I don't have that one. Looks like a dbld knee plus another blob in ankle area. I have hand to below foot, ankle to below foot, but they are not as prominent as yours. There are so many variations.
I don't know if i am an attributer or not, I just find them and put them in numerical order by my own numbering system. Not a doubled die numbering system, just doubled columns. I have couple hundred or more doubled body parts with knees like your Abe has, but no dbld columns on those. I believe this is a field of study for a more dedicated person. I am rapidly losing interest, so if anyone is interested in taking this over for the challenge it presents, give me a holler.

Bill Slaughter

JeanK
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
It sure looks like they are the same to my old eyes. Attribution is another matter... that is for the experts. I think it is really nice when you can find two just alike because it somewhat proves they exist.
Jean

jcuve
01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I am sorry to say that out of the 674 I have listed, I don't have that one. Looks like a dbld knee plus another blob in ankle area. I have hand to below foot, ankle to below foot, but they are not as prominent as yours. There are so many variations.
I don't know if i am an attributer or not, I just find them and put them in numerical order by my own numbering system. Not a doubled die numbering system, just doubled columns. I have couple hundred or more doubled body parts with knees like your Abe has, but no dbld columns on those. I believe this is a field of study for a more dedicated person. I am rapidly losing interest, so if anyone is interested in taking this over for the challenge it presents, give me a holler.

Bill Slaughter

Wow, 674...amazing. I would go crazy trying to keep track of that many. Take a break for a year and come back later, it would be incredible if you could track 'em all down! :D

rockdude
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll have to check my stuff a little closer now. Thanks

corroded
01-08-2010, 06:07 AM
I was going to write another article on collecting. I changed my numbering system, the first system restarted in three different areas of the positions. A new one made better sense. There are 45 positions on each column. I can begin to see that all positions will never be found. It's the dead center thing again, mostly all positions
in hand, knee, ankle areas, with the lesser positions going on up to above head or down to below foot. I made a chart listing all positions from top to bottom on left side. All the major dates (1996D thru 2008P&D) running across the chart, when i find one, I put a small X on left side of little date square or right side of square depending if it is left or right doubled column. Coop in Phoenix believes it can be all put on computer. I like the chart concept since it is right in front of me and glancing at it I can readily see if I have a new find or not. It is hard for me to visualize a book or CD with photos of 672 different positions, with markers to boot, variations of certain positions (some thicker made, some thin, etc), then go into the next phase of doing the triple columns (dble on left plus on the right column), then go into third phase with the slanted ones (which I feel are portions of the column laying diagonally). The DABP's (doubled abe body parts) in my oppinion are closer to being more recognized
to variety collecting. Some are really great specimens. I am not a computer person,
I also seem to have lost the photo thing, can't get that fine line right, where everything I do comes out blurred now. Pushing 64 is not that old, but I feel i am not going to want to persue this aspect of collecting much farther. I will gladly lay this away for a year as suggested by fellow LCR'er and continue to put these things away as I find them, which is very few and far between now, record them on my little chart. In the meantime if one of you good people want to get involved in this, I am
here to respond.

Bill