PDA

View Full Version : 2010 cent.

pennies4pennies
01-16-2010, 06:35 AM
From what I understand the 2010 cent will be at the Union Station in DC on Feb 11. I don't know what time but I am going to attend the ceremony. Can any one tell me if I am correct and what time it will be held? I also attended the 2009 LP4 in DC and had my rolls stamped and sign by Chuck Taylor.I have some rolls left if any body is looking for any.
Frank

mustbebob
01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
The last I had heard was that
'The release date of the 2010 Lincoln Cent is set for February 11, 2010. A launch ceremony will be held in Springfield, Illinois.' The official press release (Jan 12th. 2010) says this:
'The US Mint is currently developing plans for an official launch ceremony to be held on the release date in Springfield, Illinois at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum. Similar to the launch ceremonies held for the four different 2009 Lincoln Cent designs, attendees of the ceremony will have the opportunity to exchange currency for rolls of the new cents.
Further details on the launch ceremony will be posted as soon as they are available.'

hasfam
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm seriously considering going. It's 6 hours from me which is not bad. plus, i'd really like to get some of those 1st rolls. I wonder if there is a limit on them and how much they are going to cost? Anyway, It's historical and I would like to be there.
Rock

pennies4pennies
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm seriously considering going. It's 6 hours from me which is not bad. plus, i'd really like to get some of those 1st rolls. I wonder if there is a limit on them and how much they are going to cost? Anyway, It's historical and I would like to be there.
Rock

They let you get 6 rolls at a time and you can stand in line again and get 6 more. Just keep getting in line. If you are lucky then you might get 10 rolls some times. I walk away with over 58 rolls then you want and go get them stamp at the closes post office. I heard they were have it at both plces. I might be wrong.
Frank