PDA

View Full Version : My week

jcuve
02-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Some of you may have noticed I have not been on the board this week. I figured I would mention what's up - well I finally found a teaching position, it is a leave replacement position, teaching art at a wonderful high school. I started this week and have been swamped trying to adjusted to my a new schedule and new responsibilities.

Anyone who sent coins for me to photograph before this week, they are shot and I will get them packaged up tomorrow and will send them out on Monday or Tuesday. Anything sent this week is lying unopened on my desk. I will try and get things shot today and also packaged up tomorrow.

...Off to read the other 240 posts I have not had a chance to look at...

hasfam
02-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Well Jason, as I had said before, Congrats on the new job. You will be an awesome HS art teacher. I'm sure it will be filled with many rewards and challenges. Glad your back on the boards again today with your friendly comments and expertise.

Rock

1sgret
02-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Glad to see you found some employment. These are hard times as you well know.

JeanK
02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Congratulations Jason, that is indeed a 'nice find'!
Jean

RWBILLER
02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
good things will happen to good people like you Jason!
roger

DWK
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Again: Congrats on the new gig. Pm or E-mail me B4 you send me back the pennies if you are interested in keeping the fs-027 (or any of the others).

DWK

jcuve
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks fellow LCRers! I had been searching for a teaching job for about a year. It was kind of crazy, with the Dept. of Ed. in NYC had a new teacher hiring freeze, there were always about 500 applications for the positions I was applying to. I was very lucky this time.

I would guess there will be weeks in the future where I just won't be around like I have been on the board. But the search continues, even if there is less time to carry it out!