PDA

View Full Version : Please bear with me

mustbebob
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I know this is probably not the place, but I need to get some info out to as many folks as I can.
For those of you who are sending packages for attributions, or are expecting a return package real soon, I ask that you please give me a bit more time.
For those of you who have visited with me down here, or know me personally, you no doubt remember my dog Hercules. He was a large Boxer, a has been my constant companion for 11 years. I valued his companionship, and loved him like he was my own child.
Today, I had to make the hardest decision I ever had to make. Hercules was diagnosed with a brain tumor and blindness last Friday. This was all very sudden. Needless to say, I had to decide to have him euthanized today. I am devastated to say the least. Hercules was who I came home to every day for the last 11 years, and the void, now that he is gone, is immense.
I know a lot of you have lost pets, and I don't doubt for a second that you have hurt like I am hurting right now. I ask that you all please bear with me for a little while while I deal with this. My daughter Nicole is handling this a lot better than me and is a pillar of strength, even though the dog was originally adopted for her. Since she got married, it's been just me and Hercules here, and the place will never be the same.
Thank you my friends. I consider you all family here, and you have always treated me well. I thank you for that.

koinmon
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
HOPE THINGS GET BETTER. TIME WILL LESSEN THE PAIN OF YOUR LOSS. BEST WISHES MY FRIEND.
George

Brad
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Very sorry for you loss Bob.

car10
04-05-2010, 04:04 PM
We feel your pain Bob. Our thoughts are with you.

RWBILLER
04-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Bob:
you know how i feel............
roger

jcuve
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
It was deeply saddening to read about the death of Hercules; he sounded like a wonderful companion and friend. Having grown up with many different animals and then dealing with their eventual passing has always been painful, I can understand how devastating it can be. My thoughts are with you Bob.

mikediamond
04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I fully understand the depth of your grief. I'm sure you gave that dog a good life. It seems a shame that such a simple, honest creature should have such a brief sojourn on Earth, but each species has its own timetable. At least our four-legged companions can't contemplate their own mortality and are thus spared the existential anxiety we humans must confront as we approach our own demise. If there is an afterlife, then I suspect the beasts that comfort us here on earth populate it as well. After all, life is a continuum, so it stands to reason that all aspects of life share in that continuum (but hopefully not the mosquitos!).

hasfam
04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
My heart goes out to you Bob. I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.
Rock

JeanK
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Bob,
I am sure that Hercules left paw prints on your heart so you will remember him forever.
Jean

coinrookie
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Bob, although I am very new to the forum I wanted you to know that new friends care also. The lose of your friend Hercules will be devastating for some time, but time will heal the pain. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Bob Barnard (coinrookie)

Benny53
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I am sorry for your loss, Bob. I know Hercules will be missed terribly...that's what makes love real.

laytonre
04-06-2010, 05:31 AM
Bob sorry to hear about Hercules. Richard

corroded
04-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Dogs are neat compact little love machines. I have lost so many and I will grieve with you. This makes me want to grab ol' Pepe Gene up and hug him some more.

Bill

lineop3
04-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I'm deeply sorry for your loss Bob. There's nothing like losing a companion who was there for you, and with you faithfully for 11 years.
You must know we here at LCR do care about you and your sadness.
Knowing that, call someone to help you, what ever it might be.

Aisha Azza

duck620
04-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Sorry for your loss bob.

jpl6332
04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Bob just take as much time as you need, their love is undeniable.

celartu
04-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Very sorry for you loss Bob, Celín from El Salvador

THE PENNY MAN
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Bob i am deeply sorry for your loss......patrick.

celartu
05-06-2010, 06:07 AM
But as a Hercules, with 11 years of companion, never forgotten