PDA

View Full Version : i been a lincoln cent collector almst a year now

kingofcoins
04-06-2010, 07:37 PM
i have had greatfun doing this let me begin wih what got me started in this when i was about 7 i used to love just counting not collecting pennies wheat memorial indian canadian back then it did not matter well i hit 34 last may and after being out of the scene for 27 years i got back in it now wheats and canadians matter a lot the reason i began this years ago was boredom im disabled and it was great fun counting as a kid well last year on my birthday i was feeling nostalgic for my youth my niece whos 7 wanted to buy me something well thinking cheaply and nostalgically i blurted out rolls she went to the bank got me 3 bucks worth i found a 1907 indian that day and never looked back i do 25 bucks twice a week and i have since found countless 2009 cents 1 shieid and big amounts of wheats and foreign stuff i just yesterday pulled a 1937S from a roll my oldest s mint to date do yall roll hunt often and how much cash ya do at a time

JeanK
04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Well, Hi and Howdy newbie! Welcome to LCR.
Yes, I think a lot of us have to roll hunt just to maintain the addiction... whoops, did I say the 'a' word?
I am lucky if I get through a bank box, or what others call a 'brick', a week. You can learn a lot about how to hunt, what to look for, and what you find, here on LCR.
My searches average 5 wheat and 4 Canadian cents per $25.00 box from the bank. Most of the time the wheat cents I find are rather non-collectible in appearance, but I keep them anyway.
Be sure to keep an eagle eye open for the copper coins also as there are numerous varieties to be found.
You will quickly find that most of us here want to see pictures of your special finds.
Good Luck!
Jean

jcuve
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Welcome to LCR!

corroded
04-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I have many pennies, but selling them off gradually (duplicates), just finished selling all my rolls of RPM wheat and Memorials. I am growing weary of zincolns and turning
to Canada--the large cents, big old bank tokens, and provinces. I have large collection of doubled columns, save all Doubled Abe Body Parts, slants, triples, anamolies. Don't buy wheats anymore, hard to get rid of here. Have sold many wheats here, but most buyers evade me for fear I have bled the wheats dry. BTW,
I live 103 miles from Jacksonville and will see you at coin show.

Bill

RWBILLER
04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
welcome to LCR!
roger

celartu
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome to LCR

hasfam
04-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing and seeing of your good finds. I have a Canadian small cent set I'm working on also, starting with 1934 to 2007. All have been found in rolls.
Rock