PDA

View Full Version : 1916s

cbrczar
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Post deleted by author

kingofcoins
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
nice 1916S is that a proof or something i have never seen a date that color before shiny coin very good keeper did ya buy it or find it roll hunting my best lincoln roll hunting find was a 1919P whats yours if you have ever hunted that is it was the worst condition i seen but as of right now my oldest lincoln wishing i could get my hands on a box have not had a great pull in awhile except a nicely black toned 1937S from rubber banded rolls cant even get a machine wrapped roll these days hardly thats the only reason i found that was one time i did get machine wrapped rolls

JeanK
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
It is frustrating to get a coin with the devices all squished down like that. Trying to determine if it is a variety coin can give me crossed eyes. It is one nice find for a roll hunter! Congrats!

Jean

JeanK
04-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi Kingofcoins,
After all the hundreds of thousands, probably millions, of coins I have searched I have never found any wheat cents in rolls that were worth keeping in my collection. Most are grungie, to say the least.

So don't be too discouraged by not being able to get bank wrapped or 'Brinks' rolls at the banks. Have you ever tried to get them at say, WalMart or grocery stores or the like?

If you are a regular customer of the bank maybe you can
call them ahead of time and ask if they can set aside customer or armored car or federal wrapped rolls so you (your mom) can pick them up at your/her convenience. Keep in mind that I asked my bank many times if they had 'federal wrapped' rolls of coins and they kept saying 'no'. I was asking for the wrong thing. I should have been asking for customer wrapped rolls of coins, or from the armored cars.
I hope this helps you to find more stuff to search.
Jean

kingofcoins
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
im hoping searching gets better i have several sources looking for me at my bank yes i know the coin grades vary in rolls as compared to show finds or even ebay but for me the thrill is in the hunt not the condition i realize im not gonna find a red wheat this way i did once awhile back but i figured someone had just busted it out of a collection and i found it quickly it was only a 1958P but it sure was pretty it toned within a few weeks and boy was i upset i asked a friend to pick me up another im attending a show in a few weeks hope i find something good there im considering the vdb and a 22D to fill spaces in the album will upgrade to better when i have the cash to do so but being my first show i wanna fil he holes in my collection while im still a rookie when i become a seasoned veteran collector ill definitely get better coins