PDA

View Full Version : What motivates you to keep looking?

CCC
03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I go from finding error's to not finding anything. I guess you call it a dry spell. What do you do motivate yourself to keep looking?

CCC

Wheat Cents
03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
The Thrill of the Hunt.

No really I think the best thing to have in mind is some type of goal(s). Say.. "I want to work getting or achieving such and such" . Make it the Top 100, a group of DDOs or DDRs or other varieties, or particular date range. Keep it simple , dson't expect too much. and be patient

Also most important from time to time "give it a break"...

Steven
03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
There wil be those dry spells but when your not in one it is fun to do the pickin'. I am in one of those dry spells now though. :sad:

Wheat Cents
03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
P.S. I like your new Avatar, CCC

CCC
03-25-2008, 06:09 PM
P.S. I like your new Avatar, CCC

Thank's Wheat. It's a grand site. :)

I hate dry spell's.

CCC

Shingpumps
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I start really looking for the die trails and the small DDRs on the 94 and up cents. There's always a steady flow of those.

AgCollector
03-26-2008, 03:56 AM
I go from finding error's to not finding anything. I guess you call it a dry spell. What do you do motivate yourself to keep looking?

CCC

I'm trying to get to 1 million cents searched so that keeps me going at times, other times I pull out the album of DDOs I've already found and look through them. Sometimes just reading through something like "looking through lincoln cents" or "the cherrypicker's guide" is enough to get me motivated again.

car10
03-26-2008, 04:26 AM
It's the searching that is a stress relief for me. Interesting finds are a bonus.

Wheat Cents
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
When a lot of us started collecting...we collected Lincolns. Adding LC varieties to the mix adds a new dimension. The more you look for LC varieties the more you find.

What Forest Gump's momma said about life acan be said for motivation to keep looking, as seaching for Lincoln Cent varieties "is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."