PDA

View Full Version : VERDI-CARE™ My newest conservation fluid

BadThad
05-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I just wanted to introduce my newest coin conservation fluid to everyone. Most everything you may want to know can be found in the documentation on Wizard's website:

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/verdi-care.html

Use the code VCARE at checkout for a discount.

A few highlights:

Safe, gentle and effective on ALL metals.
Problems like light surface residue, verdigirs and corrosion can now be addressed without resorting to third-party conservation services.
Conserve your coin in as little as 30 SECONDS! Instantly remove light verdigris.
Advanced corrosion protection system with ReAcT2™. The exact same chemical technology used by the US Mint on modern coinage.
Will not strip the patina. The secondary protection system will actually enhance the patina.
Questions and comments are welcome in this thread.

Here's a few before (left) and after (right) pictures:

pennies4pennies
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
You know I get some of my supples wit them.Very fast shipping.I bought something different that was for proof coins and was scared to try it because I don't like cleaning coins but the stuff worked great.The coin now looks like it was when I bought it.It did no harm to the coin and I am very pleased.I was told not to use anything on it but it was driving me crazy and couldn't help my self.I and very happy with the out come.Here is the link to the coin before.And here is picture of the coin after.
http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8320

BadThad
05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow, that did a great job! What did you use?

pennies4pennies
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I used the E/Z/EST COIN CLEANER FOR COPPER, GOLD & SILVER. It says Instantly removes tarnish and finger marks from uncirculated and proof coins. Invaluable to the numismatist. Word of advice!!!!!!! If you used this PLEASE use for a slit secound no more.I dipped it in the fluid and out with in a secound.And then put it in a bowl of mild soap water washed by splashing around and rised with water for 15 secounds. DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE SOLUTION. Just a very fast dip as fast as you can do it.

BadThad
05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I used the E/Z/EST COIN CLEANER FOR COPPER, GOLD & SILVER. It says Instantly removes tarnish and finger marks from uncirculated and proof coins. Invaluable to the numismatist. Word of advice!!!!!!! If you used this PLEASE use for a slit secound no more.I dipped it in the fluid and out with in a secound.And then put it in a bowl of mild soap water washed by splashing around and rised with water for 15 secounds. DON'T LEAVE IT IN THE SOLUTION. Just a very fast dip as fast as you can do it.

Oh, I'm familiar with that product....just never tried it. I could make it in the lab myself. I'm glad it worked for you!

kloccwork419
05-21-2010, 06:49 AM
The coin now looks like it was when I bought it.http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8320

In the post with the before pix you say "Just found this 10 minutes ago".
:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

pennies4pennies
05-21-2010, 01:34 PM
In the post with the before pix you say "Just found this 10 minutes ago".
:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
I did find ten minutes before.This is the coin. I just posted the wrong coin.Sorry about that.I have to many coins at one time. My desk is full. As you can see it is not the DDO.

jcuve
05-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I know this shouldn't be an important test for this product, but in a way it may need to be at some point: a few coins that have been treated should be successfully submitted to a few TPGSs. If it can get by PCGS and NGC most of them time, I think this would be a slam dunk.

Regardless, it looks great and I wish you success with the product (BTW the name is great!).

Frank: having attempted multiple experiments with various cleaning agents be forewarned that the color is frequently off after the cleaning and the coins don't often tone back in a normal manner or a normal color. Hopefully this won't be a problem for your pretty awesome DDO. And Thad's product may be totally different (it sounds different) and I am certainly willing to give it a chance.

pennies4pennies
05-21-2010, 06:33 PM
I know this shouldn't be an important test for this product, but in a way it may need to be at some point: a few coins that have been treated should be successfully submitted to a few TPGSs. If it can get by PCGS and NGC most of them time, I think this would be a slam dunk.

Regardless, it looks great and I wish you success with the product (BTW the name is great!).

Frank: having attempted multiple experiments with various cleaning agents be forewarned that the color is frequently off after the cleaning and the coins don't often tone back in a normal manner or a normal color. Hopefully this won't be a problem for your pretty awesome DDO. And Thad's product may be totally different (it sounds different) and I am certainly willing to give it a chance.

I know what you mean about color change.I took a wheat that was damage and diped it and it did change the color. But the Proof in which they claim this is for worked great.I am going to summit the coin to be slabbed and I guess we are going to find out.

jcuve
05-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I know what you mean about color change.I took a wheat that was damage and diped it and it did change the color. But the Proof in which they claim this is for worked great.I am going to summit the coin to be slabbed and I guess we are going to find out.

Good luck and hopefully it works...

BadThad
05-21-2010, 11:17 PM

Jason - Thanks my friend!

I have conserved a 1937-D 3-leg Buffalo and given it to my dealer to submit to PCGS. However, upon inspection by him and his partner, they told me it will given a genuine slab due to the reverse scratch. Nonetheless, I am submitting the coin to see what happens. As I expected, neither the dealer nor his partner could detect that the coin had been conserved. Even after I told them and they reinspected the coin.

Eventually, I will submit a conserved Lincoln cent. It's in my plans for sure!

Here's some pics of the Buffalo. The reverse before picture (on the left) were taken by my brother (it's his coin) a few years ago. I conserved the coin when he came to visit a few weeks ago. In my haste to show him how well I could conserve the coin, I forgot to take a picture. DOH! You can see the green verdigris spot, that was my main concern. My secondary concern was the thin verdigris layer covering the obverse. It was easily removed without "stripping" the coin.

The total conservation time was about 2 minutes total. The obverse was quickly soaked (about 10 seconds) and rinsed with deionized water. The reverse verdigris spot required some light probing with a toothpick while it was under fluid, but it was removed leaving behind some small pits. The verdigris was pretty thick and deep!