PDA

View Full Version : 1989 d DD ??

sporty60
03-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I have a 1989 d that has what looks like doubling on the reverse of the coins in the words ONE CENT... cannot get a good picture to add but would like to know if this is possible and are there any others that have been found...?? thanks for your help:angel:

I attached the best picture I can get... please take a look

actually the more I look at the coin it is like the ONE CENT was stamped and it actually moved up a bit to produce a shinny part at the bottom... has not nitches at the top of any of the letters...

car10
03-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Here is a link (http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php)to the coppercoins site. It's possible.
CONECA has nothing listed for 1989-D.

Wheat Cents
03-28-2008, 06:59 PM
First of all welcome..

Coppercoins has serveral listed as do the Wexler files. Coneca does not currently list a DDR for 1989-D . Doubling ...on the ONE CENT. That would seem to be prominant. Look for notches at top and bottoms of all letters in ONE CENT. If it looks like small notch or notches , chances are you have one. It would need to be submitted . I could help you out if it were DDOs in 1989 and 1989-D . Howerver , only have a couple DDRs and both minor on EPU and initials FG nothing much else..

Shingpumps
03-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Make sure it's not machine doubling or die deteriation. Pat has a couple threads to show both.