PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Ldc Ddo?

DWK
03-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Attribution of subtle DDOs and RPMs is very tough for me.

I appreciate all the help. Here's another one. 1982 LDC DDO1 I hope.

Wheat Cents
03-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Does not look to be the CONECA DDO-001 1-O-V-CW from K-5 and listed in the CPG as FS-034.5/. That is a class 5 any way and is not similar.

The LIBE shows it to likely be a class 6 DDO very similar to one displayed on page 206 of the Lincolnn Cent Double Die Book by John Wexler. Those photos are old and grainy , if you have that book take a look. If not email me I can put that page through the scanner. Where your's seems vary from those photos in in the GOD WE. It does not match.

My records indicate I own that Wexler DDO ( LDC DDO1 I )
However, it is in a SEGS slab at the bank but have no photos of that presently.

I would send it in the John Bordner he may be able to attrribute it though the Wexler files.

DWK
03-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Does not look to be the CONECA DDO-001 1-O-V-CW from K-5 and listed in the CPG as FS-034.5/. That is a class 5 any way and is not similar.

The LIBE shows it to likely be a class 6 DDO very similar to one displayed on page 206 of the Lincolnn Cent Double Die Book by John Wexler. Those photos are old and grainy , if you have that book take a look. If not email me I can put that page through the scanner. Where your's seems vary from those photos in in the GOD WE. It does not match.

My records indicate I own that Wexler DDO ( LDC DDO1 I )
However, it is in a SEGS slab at the bank but have no photos of that presently.

I would send it in the John Bordner he may be able to attrribute it though the Wexler files.
My bad by the way. I neglected to weigh it before submitting the pics. I got carried away by the seemingly fat LI.

Its actually zinc. The Red book has both philly 1982 zincs at a premium. Is that true? Because I think it would grade pretty high, do you agree?

Wheat Cents
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh well, it is a good looking 82 zinc and only has a little bubbling happening.

Was it from a well tucked away (stored) roll?

DWK
03-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Not sure where I got it, but I have another just like it, and several others almost as nice. (Copper though).

Is there a premium for BU Zinc?