PDA

View Full Version : 1944 - Not sure what to make it it

Pat
03-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Here's a 1944 S I ran across toay.. I not sure what to make of it.. Any ideas?

Brad
03-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Very interesting. Probably just a die break.

CCC
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm not so sure Brad. Look on the top of the middle curve of the S. It appears that it has been Double Punched at a angle then repunched. I don't know if it's listed but I would entertain other opinions.

CCC

Pat
04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
DING DING DING!

Brad Wins.. A toothpick and 10 seconds revealed extra metal..:)

CCC
04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
DING DING DING!

Brad Wins.. A toothpick and 10 seconds revealed extra metal..:)

There isn't a winner or loser here. All I had to go on was pictures.:)
It looked and appeard to be........:tinysmile_cry_t3: The toothpicks do come in handy.

CCC

Pat
04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
There isn't a winner or loser here. All I had to go on was pictures.:)
It looked and appeard to be........:tinysmile_cry_t3: The toothpicks do come in handy.

CCC

There is ALWAYS a winner and loser.. Brad technically always will win, it's his site.. But I'll send you the coin if you toothpick through 10 wheats, 10 wheats with the green stuff and some 43's with the good white stuff.. The catch is you have to then use it on your teeth.. Photo required..:) :sign10::LOL_Hair:

CCC
04-01-2008, 06:59 PM
There is ALWAYS a winner and loser.. Brad technically always will win, it's his site.. But I'll send you the coin if you toothpick through 10 wheats, 10 wheats with the green stuff and some 43's with the good white stuff.. The catch is you have to then use it on your teeth.. Photo required..:) :sign10::LOL_Hair:
When It comes to LC, posting and asking there isn't a winner or looser. Brad may be the Admn. (and I agree) but he will be the first to tell anyone that this hobby has it's surprises.

Now

to the 10 wheat's th's no problem. The comments you made afterward's, would you care to explain? :) The coin is in your scope.:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

CCC

Pat
04-01-2008, 07:44 PM
When It comes to LC, posting and asking there isn't a winner or looser. Brad may be the Admn. (and I agree) but he will be the first to tell anyone that this hobby has it's surprises.

Now

to the 10 wheat's th's no problem. The comments you made afterward's, would you care to explain? :) The coin is in your scope.:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

CCC

Lol..don't worry about..:)

CCC
04-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Lol..don't worry about..:)

Pat, I have enough grey hair that didn't come from worrying about any coin's I have. The only concern I have is conveying this hobby to the new generation that has joined this hobby. I hope you understand.

CCC

Pat
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I hear ya.. I got enough grey already.. lol