PDA

View Full Version : AstroRaider (introduction)

AstroRaider
06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Okay, it's about time I did this.

I have been an ancient coin collector for many years. I collect ancient coins with astronomical iconology, since I have been an amateur astronomer for many, many years. I am also a meteorite hunter.

Years ago, living in Canada, I collected both Canadian and US pennies since our pocket change consisted of a large percentage of US coins (we lived about 26 miles from the US border). Unfortunately, our house was broken into and my coin collection was stolen. Recently, I have endeavored to re-start the penny collections and I have done well. I have lived in California since 1989, but I go back and forth to Canada regularly. I have a Dino-Lite electronic microscope and I go through a few rolls of pennies every day or so. I have found the darnedest things in the last few months...

lots of Canadian cents (but, that's cool)
Mexican coins
Phillipine coins
Euro 2 cent coin
1896 Indian Head Cent
1919 S (VF)
I am trying to learn about varieties and errors. It's like treasure hunting.

Happy hunting!

Allan (Astro)

koinmon
06-22-2010, 10:45 PM
ALLEN (ASTRO), WELCOME TO THE LCR FORUM. COLLECTING IS FUN:angel:; CHALLENGEING:squigglemouth: AND YES SOMETIMES FRUSTRATING:cry:. POST PICS AS YOU CAN.
George

JeanK
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome to LCR.
You have a well rounded background for finding lots of good stuff.
I am in northern CA and usually find several Canadian cents, and have found Barbados, Panama, Euro, and Hong Kong coins in the boxes of pennies I get from the bank. Now and then I will find a few wheat cents, and more rarely, dimes.
Searching is fun and finding a good coin is a bonus.
Jean

jcuve
06-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Nice introduction - and welcome to LCR!

Benny53
06-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Welcome to LCR...a great place!

copperlover
06-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome to LCR Allan (Astro)

Hope you are able to rebuild your collection with the help of our helpful members.
Lucien

celartu
06-28-2010, 05:53 AM
AstroRaider : Welcome to LCR

duck620
06-28-2010, 08:44 AM
welcome to LCR.........KEN.