PDA

View Full Version : How Many

abe
07-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Has anyone seen or heard about a population/value report for the 46 inverted S? If not maybe its time to start one...:tinysmile_hmm_t:

mustbebob
07-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Abe,
We can only get that type of information if people who have one report it. They also need to report it to a single point of contact as to not confuse the numbers by the same coin being reported to multiple sources
There are other ways of estimating how many are out there, and one of those ways is die state. The later the die state of examined coins, the more we know were produced.
Value on the other hand would really be determined by supply and demand. Securing auction data and other known sales is really the only way to get a ballpark figure. That being said, I have seen varieties sell in a wide range for the same coin. Of course condition will always be a determining factor in sale prices.

abe
07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I see, I guess its a little more complicated than I hoped for. Maybe one day it will really catch on and there will be alot more interest in this variety. Thank You, Bob...

jcuve
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Brian Ribar still has one for sale at $100. Maybe if the IMM gets listed in the CPG or elsewhere it will be more coveted.