PDA

View Full Version : 2005 P odd clash

JeanK
07-04-2010, 10:13 AM
These are pictures of two coins from a fresh roll of 2005P Lincolns I received recently. There appears to be a pyramid shaped clash below the ear.
I doubt if it is a doubled ear because the shape is very angular and not rounded like a real doubled ear.
Does anyone have an idea if this coin is listed anywhere?
Thanks for checking,
Jean

copper_poisoning
07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Jean,

I do not know if it sis listed anywhere, but I would said it is a pretty common clash. I have seen lots of these. Nice finds.

Greg

JeanK
07-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Greg.
I have been trying to determine what may have caused it, but so far nothing seems to fit the shape unless it is part of a letter, which seems quite unlikely.
Jean

jhracing08
07-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks Greg.
I have been trying to determine what may have caused it, but so far nothing seems to fit the shape unless it is part of a letter, which seems quite unlikely.
Jean

I think its a column that makes the mark. Because if you look at a strong die clash there is bars going across the obverse.

trails
07-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi Jean,
They are a part of the bay; more than likely the bottom of bay 5. The reason for the triangle shape is that the clash was slightly rotated and tilted so that only the lower right corner showed.

BJ Neff

JeanK
07-04-2010, 07:41 PM
These things always baffle me, so it is great that someone can 'see' the reverse orientation that eludes me nearly every time.
Thanks ever so much for taking the time to check this and sharing your knowledge of this odd anomaly.
Jean

trails
07-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Jean, or in fact anyone else, copy these pictures to your own file and save them. Remember, die clashes can drift away from being dead center, so there will be some play in the clash mark positions. However, these pictures will give you some idea of what to associate a mark to what design feature.

BJ Neff

JeanK
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Beautiful pictures BJ. Thanks bunches. I will keep these in my coin picture file.
Jean

lineop3
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
BJ is just showing off. (mumble mumble mumble).
I'm just salty cause I can't do it. SMILE!!!
BJ, you know I like you right Boss man??? Robert? Robert? lol

Aisha

celartu
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice pictures, some opinions, Congratulations

jcuve
07-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I agree, bay 5 clash - nice find Jean!