PDA

View Full Version : Top Tier Grading Service (PCGS) for High Grade Varieties

Wheat Cents
04-19-2008, 07:18 AM
In a seperate thread, Brad presented valuable info regarding variety submission to top tier Grading services. That viewpoint was held by many I spoke to this past Thursday at CSNS show.

http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=851&highlight=ANACS

Regarding PCGS, I have two two questions ...

1. Does anyone recommend joining PCGS Collectors Club at that highest level or instaed prefer to go through a PCGS dealer? Talked to some and they say " I go through so and so ..."

2. I am getting conflicting info in regards to ... Does PCGS charge the extra $20 variety fee for say a 1946-S/D or 1943-D/D? On these standard listings are they exempt from that fee?

Brad
04-20-2008, 12:00 PM
2. I am getting conflicting info in regards to ... Does PCGS charge the extra $20 variety fee for say a 1946-S/D or 1943-D/D? On these standard listings are they exempt from that fee?

That is a good question. I would like to know that as well.

Wheat Cents
04-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Between Thursday and Friday I called PCGS and told them I would like to submit my Lincolns including the 1946 S/D for grading and wanted to see if they would work a "bundle" deal. In the course of converstion the fella told me there would not be an extra charge for the 1946 S/D. Yet it was not listed in the PCGS Market Report (April 2008) they were passing out at the show. So am a little confused ...

Also I see lots a variation on how varieties are slabbd bu PCGS. For example in the collectors club.. some 1946 S/Ds have the standard PCGS # and some have an "E" before the number probably some kind of designation for Error? I don't know ... which adds to the confusion..