PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

jcuve
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I guess I started collecting when I was a kid around 1981, just before the change to copper clad zinc - I mostly concentrated in Lincolns but also Jefferson and Roosevelt too. I would search endlessly through my parents pocket change. Of course I didn't know what I was doing, so I never found anything great, but I have good memories from that time. My grandfather was a lifelong collector and I use to go to his place and he'd show me highlights from his collection...

Anyway, since that time I sort of get into collecting and then fade out. Recently I have been a bit active on eBay - and my wife is grumpy, "why do you have all these dirty coins all over your computer desk?"
I have popped over to this site several times in the last six months and I figured it was time register…

CCC
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

CCC

Wheat Cents
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
A hearty welcome.. Brad has put together a nice little Forum. I am sure its going to grow. I think you'll enjoy it.. I know I have.

Your begining to collecting started similar to mine just twenty later. When I began I was searching for wheats. Some thing never change :LOL_Hair:

car10
04-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason. We're always happy to have a new member join us. You're sure to learn much from the wisdom of the members here. Your wife will also change her tune and be less grumpy once your able to buy her something nice with the proceeds from selling some of those dirty coins. Have fun.