PDA

View Full Version : New error/variety collector wannabe.

LordCo
04-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi,

I've been collecting coins and banknotes seriously for the past two years and not quite seriously for 30 years before that. I like to collect anything and everything, but being Canadian, I tend to have a soft spot for the home team.

As far as Lincoln cents are concerned, I've haven't actually paid much attention to them until a few days ago when I bought a tin of 2500 wheats. Now, I've been pouring over them and using this site as a guide. I even think I may have found a few minor varieties, but not knowing a lot about the subject I can't be totally sure I'm not seeing things :)

Anyway, thanks for the great resource and I'll be reading the forums heavily for the next few days!

Wheat Cents
04-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the LCR Forum and welcome to errror and variety collecting.

Looks like your not a wannabe any longer as all it takes is a " tin of wheats" and persistence. But watch out after your first nice find you may get hooked.

car10
04-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Welcome LordCo. It's nice to have some Royalty. Here is a site (http://www.coppercoins.com/)that may help you identify some of those varieties. Just click on the "die varieties search" button and enter the appropriate info and click "search" to locate your variety. I hope you learn much here on LCR.

Brad
04-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Welcome to the LCR!

brefos77
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Welcome and enjoy your stay at Chez Lincoln...

LordCo
04-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Welcome LordCo. It's nice to have some Royalty. Here is a site (http://www.coppercoins.com/)that may help you identify some of those varieties. <snip>

Great. I had gone through about 1/4 of the wheats already... now I have to go back and start again, otherwise I'll always wonder what I missed. :)

And thanks to all of you for the welcome. If it's ok, perhaps I could post pics of some of my finds later and get some opinions/confirmations.

car10
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
If it's ok, perhaps I could post pics of some of my finds later and get some opinions/confirmations.
Of course it is OK. Let's see 'em.

CCC
04-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Welcome, and yes let's see the pictures.

CCC

THE PENNY MAN
04-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Welcome to LCR and enjoy your time here

Patrick

dvn
04-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome to LCR.