Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Will's challenge

I will be "on assignment" next week and very likely won't be on the MB at all. (Where is all of that cheering coming from?) Well, since I won't be around to annoy all of you, I figured I would go ahead and annoy you in my absence with a contest. This contest begins now and will end on Friday, May 25th, at 9pm. Please submit your answers via a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me. Please do NOT post your answers in the thread. I wouldn't want anyone stealing answers now. Also, this way everyone has the same chance and lots of time to make a submission. Please use the thread for sidebar discussion, scathing insults directed at me, and general assassination of my character, or just to bump the darn thing once in a while if needed. You just need to have your answers turned in by the contest end time. One submission please per person with no changes, so please be sure of your "final answers" before submitting. The winner will be the one with the most correct answers. I have a tie-breaker in mind, just in case. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is simply to name the year of each Lincoln cent pictured. Some are easy, some not so much. I learned lots putting this together and hope you enjoy the challenge. I believe no guessing should be necessary for the trained and knowledgeable eye. The first 8 will appear in this post and the second 8 photos will appear in the next post, so please don't reply until I get all 16 photos up. I will be around another day yet to address anything I likely screwed up, lol. Oh, and the winner gets his choice of a 1958 proof set, or if preferred, I will make a nice donation to LCR in your honor. Have at it.
    con1.jpg

con2.jpg

con3.jpg

con4.jpg

con5.jpg

con6.jpg

con7.jpg

con8.jpg
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the immortal words of Sgt Shultz...

"I KNOW NOTHINK!"

Way to make me feel like a total noob Will!

Thanks for the contest though!

Post Thanks / Like
    So any early feedback on this? Too easy, too hard, just right, good idea, bad idea? Is it at least as good of an idea as the motorized office chair?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its good. Maybe I'm a noob about this but I will try and I'm sure I will learn a lot. Also i think so will be pretty hard.

Good looking contest
    Casey Parman

TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's very hard! lol. But heck- a 1958 proof set? That's not a cracker-jack prize, I'm game. Will chime in a little later.

You'll be missed Will! Seriously, you add a lot to this forum.
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Purveyors of Modern Treasure [/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fido_Finder View Post
    In the immortal words of Sgt Schultz...

"I KNOW NOTHINK!"

Way to make me feel like a total noob Will!

Thanks for the contest though!
    I agree with you Fido, this one aint for us low rep count newbies. Hopefully Will will post the correct answers when he gets back. I do hope someone will get them all right. Good luck all and thanks for the contest Will. Have a safe and fun "assignment". I miss Sgt Schultz..... I wonder how many folks remember who he was and how many have no idea what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Some are easy, some not so much. "

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... .... All of mine will be guesses but, Heck, for a 1958 proof set, I will guess all day!!!
    Alexander Helzel
    Ecrater eBay Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO. I posted a pic of him just recently in another post. He is the best.

10. Thanks flyhi3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wapa View Post
    this one aint for us low rep count newbies.
    Mmmmeh, rep count is irrelevant. You guys have more of that than I do anyway, not to mention knowledge and experience. I am quite the noob myself. Like I said, I learned tons of stuff in the creation of this and my hope was that this would be as fun and educational for others as it was for me, yet still challenging for our mentors also who have taught us so much. It is an opportunity to study some things, and gives you something to do while you are knocking one back at bedtime, or dropping a deuce in the morning. Yinz got all week to mess around with it. I will admit something. I was a school teacher for some years, and I took it as a personal failure if anyone ever got a perfect score on one of my tests. *insert evil grin here* In my mind, some of these are easy, some hard, (I will be mad if anyone gets #15) and some I would say are not hard but definitely tricky. I may have a devious mind according to some accounts, lol. Hope it turns out to be fun. It is a 'thank you' for all you guys taught me, your camaraderie, generosity, and humor which has meant much to me these last few months. Can't wait until I get back and see what's in my inbox. If nothing else I sure had fun with it. Cheers everyone and best wishes!
    Will