Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1972 1do-004

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 3

Answered: 1972 1do-004

What do you think? Went on coppercoins and it seems to match up to the markers. Crazy part is found this one in a roll from the bank.

2. "Can't really tell if there's any doubling on IGWT but would like to see the N in UNITED to see if the marker is there for 1do-004. There are many 72P's with rim cuds that are not 1do-004."

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 32
    Can't really tell if there's any doubling on IGWT but would like to see the N in UNITED to see if the marker is there for 1do-004. There are many 72P's with rim cuds that are not 1do-004.
    Matthew Sallee

4. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    copperlover
    I think the definitive marker for the Die #4 is in fact die scratches running NE to SW through the N in United.

Lucien

6. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 60
    Can't tell without seeing UNITED. Not sure that I see die #4 on the obverse either.

8. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 279
    Definitely need more pics....a nice close up of WE and as mentioned, the die scratch through the N on the reverse. I have found 72's with similar rim cuds that were not DDO's

10. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 400
    I don't have photos of rim cuds on coppercoins. All the markers I show are on the reverse. Are those the markers you are referring to? If so, would love to see them as this is a very scarce DDO. I can't make out any of the doubling on the obverse at this point.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

12. Thanks Amadauss thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I got so excited finding the rim cuds and when I went to coppercoins the detail to me looked similar but I am now thinking not the case. Sorry for the bad pics but not my normal setup because taking the camera to do some photos. Do not see the die markers on the N. Sorry for my confusion on the possibility. Here are some more pics. Back to the drawing board.

I am going to take some pictures today of three, not one, 1972P 1DO-001 that are for sale and thinking about buying two of them if price is right. Will post pics for all before purchase. Want to get your opinion before doing anything. Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 279
    That's OK, I would have gotten excited if I saw those rim cuds too..it was a great feeling and I really miss it.

But, that's not the DDO in your pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I saw your post when finding yours and remember Chris stating the rim cuds are a sign of having it so just got excited.

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 400
    As others here have mentioned, there are many 1972 coins with rim cuds. Out of that 5,000 coin bag I checked out about 8 months ago, here were at least 5 different coins with the cuds in that area. I can certainly understand you getting excited though. A gentle reminder in what I have said many times though. It's the doubling you are looking for, not the markers. Can't wait to see the pics of the DDO-001 you are contemplating.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com